Dior Haute Couture F/W 03.04 Paris

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Jul 8th, 2003 - 3:34 am
I'll agree Mcqueen's was more . . . spanish but that's what Mcqueen is but Galliano takes and mixes different stuff into one collection like there were menswear in that collection along with the flamenco and techno so it wasn't really flamenco only a majority. :wink:
I agree with Igi allot actually, plus galliano's colletion was not soley based on falmenco or spanish influences, it was sort of a mixture of dance cultures.

Im super happy he stoped doing super crazy platforms, it was geting old, and iam in love with theas
100105348.jpg

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Jul 8th, 2003 - 10:57 pm

Im super happy he stoped doing super crazy platforms, it was geting old, and iam in love with theas
100105348.jpg
:heart: round toes hmmm count me in spacemiu :wink: :heart:

i don't think that it is ok for a designer to make clothes that i can only like as separates. dior should work harder at createing a flawless image... not one that is overly dramatic.

Originally posted by HBoogie+Jul 8th, 2003 - 10:26 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HBoogie @ Jul 8th, 2003 - 10:26 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@Jul 8th, 2003 - 10:24 pm
:heart: round toes hmmm count me in spacemiu :wink: :heart:
:woot: lovely! [/b][/quote]
round toe sheos ar ethe hotest shoes right now :wink: :heart:

A good review for a good collection! :wink:

From the International Herald Tribune by Suzy Menkes:

PARIS It was dedicated to the dance - the spectacular show filled with flamenco ruffles, rehearsal sweats and Spanish fringing - that John Galliano sent out for Dior on Monday. But above all, this joyous show, with its vivacious color and splatter of cultural references worn as lightly as the volatile fabrics, was a celebration of haute couture. "The passion!" said Galliano backstage as Jack Nicholson and his daughter Lorraine, saucer-eyed at her first fashion show, congratulated the designer. Galliano tapped his Spanish roots and said he was inspired by a trip to India and its exotic, erotic dances to explore the sensuality of movement from African ceremonial through Martha Graham. Throw in a hint of Degas as flowers unfurled among peach frills; and a touch of hip-hop as gaudy sweat tops introduced bright patterns. Galliano created an aura of energy and seduction, even in his own person as he dressed like a toreador in a gym to take his bow.

As models came out, chewing on matches, their ruffle skirts paired with brilliantly colored brassieres, corsets or leather vests, there were images of Carmen returning to her cigar factory after a night of delirious dancing. So spellbound was the audience that even the tardy arrival of Elizabeth Hurley, with beau Arun Nayar, hardly made a stir.

Yet this was not the familiar Galliano circus. He resisted the temptation to hire a tango couple to perform. The show was about beautiful clothes, well-judged in their mix of sport - as in a satin track top or woolly leg warmers - with slender flapper dresses. They trailed a perfume of the jazz age along with Isadora Duncan scarves and silk fringe. A trilby hat, fishnet hose and parachute strings controlling fan-pleated dresses suggested as many dance rhythms as the cancan, Latino and castanet-clicking soundtrack. This was also a waltz around couture techniques that made even cubist blocks of flounces seem easy and natural.

Center front sat Anastasia Volochkova, prima ballerina with the Bolshoi, and she summed up the romantic expressiveness of the Dior show. "It's not only this collection; Galliano is a dancer himself in his soul," she said.

After seeing the whole show, once again, I was clapping. As repeated, it was all about dance (I LOVED the tango pieces the best!) and I love the accesories as well at the outfits.

This was my fave outfit:

100105265.jpg

I can't wait for it to be diffused into the RTW line. Especially those round toed heels! :D

--Dommy!

Ok this is a long shot. But not long a go I remember seeing a picture of isabella blow at this Dior show, sitting on the front row covered entirely in an almost net like creation was either in shocking pink or green I think. I lost it and I really want to find it again. If anyone knows the photo I mean please can you post it, I don't think I've ever seen something so cool. Thanks in advance.

Who else to revive this thread but me...the oldtimers among us will understand :wink:

Either way, enjoy the show. Finally in good quality.

^^Absolutely thrilled, Dale! A million thanks!

This show is just so magnificent and bursting at the seams with energy, creativity, passion and glamour. The soundtrack and the staging is absolutely epic.

That first flamenco section of looks is one of the fiercest catwalk moments in history. The way John was able to capture the spirit of the actual flamenco dance in these clothes is genius - the way the yards and yards and yards of ruffles get whipped around as the models walk is nothing short of thrilling.

That show was and will always be incredible. The excitement was exhilarating and palpable. The flamenco intro just kills me every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->