Chuck

Verene

Reaction score
chuck_wallpaper2_800.jpg

nbc.com

Probably the best show out there in my opinion. I love how funny and clever it is.B) While the plot development may not be too cerebral, I think the execution is really excellent. For me, the first season was delightfully light-hearted, making it a good show; but it was the plot development in the second season that made Chuck a must-watch show. I am impressed how well-balanced the humor and drama are. (I mean wow, who would have thought laying off an electronic conglomerate store manager could be poignant.)

Let's share our thoughts on Chuck. If you're not watching it, start now! Here're more reasons why you should.:flower::lol:

Some favorite quotes and moments to jumpstart the thread:

Casey: You're looking for this?
(gives Chuck his Stanford student ID)
Chuck: You stole my ID?
Casey: I borrowed it to reactivate it. Sorry I couldn't wipe the idiot grin off your face with photoshop.
[Chuck Versus the Alma Mater]

Casey: Permission to drop the twerp into a deep, dark hole, General?
Beckman: Granted.
Casey: Huh?

Chuck not letting Casey cheating off him during the Fulcrum "test.":lol:
[Chuck Versus the First Kill]

I hope there'll be a third season.. it doesn't seem like that though with how this episode ended :(

Judging from the finale, I say the writers are really bent on having a third season. :lol: Brilliant show.:wub:

Yeah! I was a bit worried last week, but now I guess there'll be a third season..
at least I hope so :smile:

I actually had stopped watching after the Winter break but critiques were really good so I gave the last episodes a shot and they were so great!

I laughed my butt off in Chuck vs the first kill with the "Morgan" defense pose!!

And in the finale when (in white spoilery) Chuck had a flash after loading the Intersect, Casey: "Chuck-me!"

"Guys, I know kung-fu"

Last edited by a moderator:
My boyfriend got me into this show, it's his favorite. It's pretty funny - I love Casey I think he's hilarious. And how awesome is Captain Awesome?! :heart::heart: For some reason this show makes me want to move to sunny California :blush:

NBC renews Chuck!

rsfrig.gif
9pymmb.jpg

In the battle of Chuck vs. the Network Suits, the Buy More geek has prevailed. NBC has decided to give Josh Schwartz’s well-liked action-comedy another shot next fall.

The network picked up 13 episodes of the series from Warner Bros., which, in a business-side trend this year, made some budget concessions to secure the show a third season.

Fans pushed NBC very hard for a pickup, launching a “Save Chuck” campaign that included buying sandwiches at series sponsor Subway.

Chuck joins Southland among the shows NBC has renewed for fall. Given that 10 p.m. will be off the board due to Jay Leno’s talk show, the network has considerably fewer slots than usual to fill.

Confidence has been pretty high that Chuck would return. Once Fox found a way to make the much lesser-rated Dollhouse work for fall late last week, Chuck returning to NBC seemed almost certain. It also probably hasn’t hurt that star Zachary Levi has been a team player for NBC, appearing in the network’s PSA campaigns, marketing promotions and events.

Here’s Chuck’s 18-49 ratings for the season, with the final number having gone up a tenth in the nationals since this chart was created. As you can see, for all the woes about the show’s ratings, it actually performed fairly steady, dropping only slightly in midseason.

BUT

That's the good news. Here's the bad news: The 13-episode pickup came after Warner Bros. agreed to make significant budget concessions, including scaling back the number of episodes several members of the show's stellar supporting cast will appear in and, per one insider, possibly eliminating one actor altogether. The show is also expected to cut two of its staff writers.

But back to the good news: Chuck lives on!

--------

I'm so happy cause this show rocks but sad about the staff cuts. That's got to suck. Maybe Josh can move them to Gossip Girl.

As for the cast cuts please not Jeffster. I've had Africa by Toto stuck in my head for a month because of Jeffster.

2m346iv.gif

ONTD Livejournal

:bounce:

awesome!!

too bad they have to fire someone :/

what the........ the new season starts in march 2010. :judge:

i want chuck now to get me through this depressing time.

I can't wait for the new season either! Chuck, The Intersect 3.0 :buzz:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]Superman Brandon Routh headed to Chuck[/SIZE][/FONT]

It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s the most awesome casting news ever: Erstwhile Superman Brandon Routh is joining Chuck for a multi-episode arc, sources confirm to me exclusively.

Who’s he playing and what impact will it have on Chuck and Sarah? Keep reading and find out!

Routh’s character, Shaw, is a mysterious new spy who takes control as the new leader of Operation Bartwoski, becoming a mentor to Chuck and a rival in his affections for Sarah. He first appears in this season’s fourth episode.

Bottom line: Who better to teach Chuck how to use his powers that the Man of Steel himself?!

Memo to NBC: Please don’t make us wait until March for Chuck!

EW.com

CHUCK IS BACK!!!:clap:
Season 3 premieres on Jan 10th 2010! There will be a 2 hour special at 9pm on Sunday the 10th, and another new episode at 8pm Monday (the regular airtime). 3 new episodes in 2 days! I am so close to passing out from joy now. I'm gonna drop my Monday evening class as soon as the new term starts. (Partly for Chuck of course, but mostly because it's credit overload. :P)

Check the promo videos out on NBC.com

:buzz:

I thought it wasn't on until march 2010?!?!
THIS IS AWESOME

Last nights two hour premiere was fantastic! I love that there is another new episode tonight. I can't get enough of chuck.

Anyone seen the last few episodes of Chuck? I felt like the episode where Chuck and Sarah finally got together was the BEST EVER. Then the next was a little cheesy. I wanted to hang myself while watching the last one! Corniest episode ever, dear god. So much of the dialogue was terrrrrible. Can you say "jump shark"? My fiancé and I watch it together and were wondering where it'd go after Chuck and Sarah got together, since their romantic tension was basically what the entire show revolved around. Well, I see where it went. Down the sh***er.

In my opinion... Chuck just keeps getting better and better. These 2 last episodes were so good. I really hope there'll be a fourth season!

^ It's renewed. 13 eps far but I don't know when it's returning.

The final was so cool. Jeffester music video was so funny.
I loved Morgan with his machine gun when they got the elders.
Ellie needs to get a clue and realise that Chuck is a super spy and that is what he does.
I thought it was really selfish of her asking him to quit.
We know he won't so that means more lies.
The last scene was very interesting.
I hope they hire someone totally awesome to play the mom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rachelmartini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->