Claire's

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Aug 14 2004, 05:15 AM
The 10 for 5 isn't on the website, but they frequently have those sales in the stores. First they'll put everything on the rack at appx. 50% (10 becomes 4.49... I don't really know their formula :huh: ). Then, if you check back in a week, it has become two or three racks and it's 10 items for 5 dollars if you buy ten. :smile:
Does it really matter when buying plastic 50s-esque jewelry, diamond earrings that are going to be lost at prom, and headbands?
[snapback]331762[/snapback]​

You sing it, my style sister!

Claire's isn't a place to go if you want something to love and last, but it's great if you just want something fun for tonight.

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Aug 14 2004, 05:15 AM
Does it really matter when buying plastic 50s-esque jewelry, diamond earrings that are going to be lost at prom, and headbands?
[snapback]331762[/snapback]​

Probably just my bad experience. I bought a "crystal" hairpin to put my hair up in for prom a few years back and it snapped at the end of the night and I said never again (I think it was about $20 for that thing). I know, so melodramatic. I suppose it wouldn't hurt going back in there to look again.

Some of the stuff seems expensive, but if you compare 20 for earrings to 500.... it doesn't seem so bad.

claires in england is good stuff- like 80% of my earrings are from there and the only ones that break are the ones with jewels in as they come out, but the drop and dangly ones have always been long lasting for me :smile: they have some great stuff in there at the moment too!

There was a moment in time where you went in there and everything either had glitter or feathers on it... and it made me sick... Maybe they're changing a little now...

i like claire's for cheap throwaway jewelry.
they have soo many gorgeous chandelier earrings right now. :heart:

^ agreed. love the chandeliers in all shapes, colors and sizes. but if you overdo it, you start to look like beyonce :innocent:

My problem is the Claires in my mall is filled with stuff like "MRS.BLOOM" which i dont really like. Whenever i got to other malls though they seem to have really great stuff at their Claires.

I dont know how many of you know about Icing. It's also owned by Claires and its made for an older crowd.

I got some great rhrinestone pins to adorn my bags and sweaters. So cute and really inexpensive. :heart:

Originally posted by Kimkhuu@Aug 15 2004, 04:54 PM
Has anyone seen their "fake" Ugg boots?! :shock:
[snapback]333356[/snapback]​

For only $20..I bought them in blue. :innocent: haha The color was far too cute. And frankly, I don't give a poop if no one likes them anymore. I wore them everyday this winter. I don't know how long these Claire boots will last, but I'll look cute for a minute.

<--- pleasantly suprised when I walked through Claires recently.

Cheap stuff; great for one season and then chunk it!

10 for 5 is great... but once I even saw a 15 for 5. I need another container like thing, because I'm buying wayyyy too much of this stuff. I have like 20 pairs of drop earrings now :blush:

I know! I've only seen it once though. I ended up buying 30 things. :lol:

Originally posted by Honey@Aug 17 2004, 11:15 AM
I know! I've only seen it once though. I ended up buying 30 things. :lol:
[snapback]335565[/snapback]​

For 10 bucks it's sure worth it!

I really, really want those peacock earrings but I can't find them at any of the Claire's near me! :angry: So frustrating!

My advice, go early-ish on a weekday if you can. That's when the store is cleanest and most organized, and no one will be there to get in your way! All the preteens will be in school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->