Cloak S/S 06 New York

krebel

Reaction score
Cloak S/S 2006 New York

Just got back from the Cloak show and LOVED it. I WANT IT ALL. *lusts* I thought it was a magnificent collection (so much better than last season - yay for suits!). My favorite show of the week so far.

"...big game hunting from a weathered leather chair, tumbler of bourbon in hand, fingers tapping to the birth of rock 'n' roll..."

31 looks. Beautifully tailored jackets - dinner jackets, safari jackets, waistcoats, trenches, leather, and this one jean jacket with a cut-out X back that I think I might have to go into debt for.

It was pretty skinny boy heaven. Alexandre even had 2 hot androgynous girls out there on the runway - why does he tempt me so? It makes me want his clothes even more. Models I recognized: Koos Faber (opened the show), Dan Kamins (is that how you spell his name?), Steve Morgan, Konrad J, Lars Swensen (I think), Kurt Magnum + a whole new crop of male models that I'm sure are going to be showing up everywhere.

I'm off to see Sigur Ros tonight, but if I'm not too tired when I get back will throw up pics (been meaning to post a bunch of show pics I've taken this week but busy busy)

Was anyone else there? PLEASE POST. :woot:

krebel said:
I'm off to see Sigur Ros tonight, but if I'm not too tired when I get back will throw up pics (been meaning to post a bunch of show pics I've taken this week but busy busy)

Please post pics! My expectations for this collection are really high after being dissapointed by Dior Homme, so I hope this turns out as nice as you're saying! :D

Hey,thanks for the report,krebel :wink:

No pics up yet unfortunately :(

drexl said:
Please post pics! My expectations for this collection are really high after being dissapointed by Dior Homme, so I hope this turns out as nice as you're saying! :D

Exactly how I feel, I love Alexandre's aesthetic as well as his interest in the actual function in clothing, something not many designers consider nowadays. There's a good interview with him on men.style.com right now.

Can't wait to see the collection!
:woot:

Here we go:

55397150.jpg
55397145.jpg

55397140.jpg
55397134.jpg

55397119.jpg
55397114.jpg

55397094.jpg

Source (If you're not aware yet:( www.gettyimages.com

Last edited by a moderator:
(Cont.)
55397088.jpg
55397081.jpg

55397047.jpg
55397042.jpg

55397023.jpg
55397041.jpg

55397010.jpg
55396998.jpg

(cont.)
55396926.jpg
55396943.jpg

55396881.jpg
55396875.jpg

55396873.jpg
55396857.jpg

55396821.jpg
55396794.jpg

(cont.)
55396806.jpg
55396674.jpg

55396755.jpg
55396631.jpg

55396605.jpg
55396599.jpg

55396468.jpg
55396411.jpg

Some backstage photos (still from Getty Images)
55397148.jpg
55396960.jpg

55396945.jpg

55396661.jpg

everything is to die for... the blazers are perfect, as are the jackets :heart: this is much better than tired dior homme

The leather jackets are freaking yummy! This more than makes up for those crap DH and NN S/S shows.

He's touching on that dirty rocker look but russian style! It's genius, it's versatile, it's fresh. Hurray!

Thanks so much for posting drexl! It saves me from having to download/upload from my digital camera.

These photos don't do the clothes justice though - I mean the cut of everything was really to-die-for: it was all so perfectly fitted. You'll have to go into the stores and see for yourself. Plus, while I loved how the clothes looked coming, the rear view! Oh god. *fans self* I don't think my x-back jacket was photographed was it? There were literally gasps from the audience when the model passed/turned around and you saw the back of it. I hope someone took a picture.

krebel said:
Thanks so much for posting drexl! It saves me from having to download/upload from my digital camera.

These photos don't do the clothes justice though - I mean the cut of everything was really to-die-for: it was all so perfectly fitted. You'll have to go into the stores and see for yourself. Plus, while I loved how the clothes looked coming, the rear view! Oh god. *fans self* I don't think my x-back jacket was photographed was it? There were literally gasps from the audience when the model passed/turned around and you saw the back of it. I hope someone took a picture.

Can you please post a pic of the jacket in question, it sounds really yummy!

So far, I like it alot, and it is my favorite menswear collection for this season (closely followed by Ann Dem's). I love the white double-breasted cardigan (5th picture from start) and the leather jackets (leather looks to die for). I'm also very intrigued by his version of the slouchy boots, if they can be compared at all to Ann Dem's from SS 2003/2005. What I also love is that he moved back from the dark gentleman's club-type chic to a more rock aesthetic which was found more predominantly in his earlier SS2004 collection. The mood is also alot lighter than SS2005 or FW2005-6.

drexl said:
Can you please post a pic of the jacket in question, it sounds really yummy!

Oh I hope I took a pic of it! Have to charge my camera first and then let me see if I can throw it up.
^_^

I'm freakin JEALOUS! :o Why don't they make women's clothes?? It's dark without being drab, it's cute (those romper shorts!) without looking silly, it's edgy without being unflattering to the body. It doesn't scream, "Look, it's a DESIGN!", but you can tell it's been designed. These are really great clothes, I would wear them for work if I were a guy. :heart:

Zazie said:
I'm freakin JEALOUS! :o Why don't they make women's clothes?? It's dark without being drab, it's cute (those romper shorts!) without looking silly, it's edgy without being unflattering to the body. It doesn't scream, "Look, it's a DESIGN!", but you can tell it's been designed. These are really great clothes, I would wear them for work if I were a guy. :heart:

Who says you can't wear them? These two girls in the show were both wearing Cloak and looked fabulous:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melizz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->