Cloak S/S 06 New York

faust said:
Yea (btw, not sure if you are using the "rolling eyes" icon properly - that usually indicates that "whatever" emotion). I don't think they are anything special. And they are $650 IIRC - not something I would pay for boots made mostly out of canvas and with a very thin sole. Like I said, you can do better with that amount of money...

Oh i thought it meant.. "wondering"

thank you for that... i think i might have been using it in a wrong way, in many occasions. :doh:

Hmm ok, so I guess i'll be looking for something else ^_^

Baizilla said:
Oh i thought it meant.. "wondering"

thank you for that... i think i might have been using it in a wrong way, in many occasions. :doh:

Hmm ok, so I guess i'll be looking for something else ^_^

:lol: No harm done (except people "wondering" :unsure: about why you use it that way :lol:).

Look into stuff by Buttero, Collection Privee, Premiata, N.D.C. etc. - they all make quality footwear and the prices certainly won't be higher than Cloak.

:rofl:

I must study those emotion icons some more, in order to prevent future disasters :lol:

I've seen those other labels, didn't do anything for me... I guess I was just intrigued by those boots because of the slouchy look, which reminded me of the Undercover boots they had in Atelier.

Thanks anyway! :flower:

I don't really understand what's the deal with these two pairs of shoes, they seem heavily influenced by N.D.C. to me, and what purpose does this belt fulfill? Obviously not much else than decoration. I actually think these are some of the most disappointing shoes I have seen in a while... I much prefer any Ann's above these :/

tricotineacetat said:
I don't really understand what's the deal with these two pairs of shoes, they seem heavily influenced by N.D.C. to me, and what purpose does this belt fulfill? Obviously not much else than decoration. I actually think these are some of the most disappointing shoes I have seen in a while... I much prefer any Ann's above these :/

:wub: As a proud owner of three pairs of Ann's boots, what can I say... :wub:

Originally Posted by faust

Yea (btw, not sure if you are using the "rolling eyes" icon properly - that usually indicates that "whatever" emotion). I don't think they are anything special. And they are $650 IIRC - not something I would pay for boots made mostly out of canvas and with a very thin sole. Like I said, you can do better with that amount of money...

the shoes are actually great quality for their price.

tricotineacetat said:
Well, you might be right about the N.D.C. influence - back in 2004, when I wore my N.D.C.s to the Cloak atelier/showroom, Alexandre remarked that he had never seen anyone else wear them in NYC. We then waxed poetic about how much we loved them. Cloak's last is certainly fuller and rounder, though - that's a big diff.

faust said:
:wub: As a proud owner of three pairs of Ann's boots, what can I say... :wub:

haha, you really made me smile about that one, I knew you'd say that... :lol:

Then again, I really envy you for those slouchy boots with wrap-around straps from.... ehhh.... S/S 2005 (?), they were gorgeous...!!

Can someone post the price ranges they have seen for their trousers and dress shrits recently?

konrad said:
the shoes are actually great quality for their price.

This is based on...? Your empirical observations, your justification of your own purchase, your love for all things canvas and leather, $300 polos?

tricotineacetat said:
haha, you really made me smile about that one, I knew you'd say that... :lol:

Then again, I really envy you for those slouchy boots with wrap-around straps from.... ehhh.... S/S 2005 (?), they were gorgeous...!!

Thanks! I had a momentary lapse of reason and tried to sell them once on Ebay - good thing noone bought them, because I found a perfect outfit for them :P

Konrad, I would also like to know how you would justify your statement?

Marquischacha said:
Can someone post the price ranges they have seen for their trousers and dress shrits recently?

Pants $350-$450. I never look at dress shirts, so hard to say, but I think they are $300+

kLm said:
Yeah, plus check out the men's shoes thread in shoes, some kid ordered them and they were two sizes off! Not as in he ordered a 10 and got an 8, but he ordered a 10 and got shoes that fit like an 8 (or vice versa, I can't remember). I've seriously never heard of something like that. They've got the worst QC of anyone I've ever seen trying to play in the big leagues.

For a few hundred more dollars, get Carpe Diems. Or Collection Privee, or whoever.

That was me, I bought a 40 because the sales associate said they were running a little big (I typically where a 41) and then he gave me a measurement of the sole ... and I said according to that I think I would need a 39. He told me that would be too extreme etc etc. and now I'm stuck with these desert boots, which I love, that are just too big. They reside in the box beneath my bed. I tried calling and exchanging and the associate said FINAL SALE on all footwear and phone orders and has blown me off since (his name was Caleb, I wouldn't recomend him).

Any suggestions on what to do with them? I don't know that I'd get anything for them on ebay.

trueblue said:
That was me, I bought a 40 because the sales associate said they were running a little big (I typically where a 41) and then he gave me a measurement of the sole ... and I said according to that I think I would need a 39. He told me that would be too extreme etc etc. and now I'm stuck with these desert boots, which I love, that are just too big. They reside in the box beneath my bed. I tried calling and exchanging and the associate said FINAL SALE on all footwear and phone orders and has blown me off since (his name was Caleb, I wouldn't recomend him).

Any suggestions on what to do with them? I don't know that I'd get anything for them on ebay.

it's true, i tried them on last night. HUGE. i normally wear a 42 and they were too big for me.

trueblue said:

You know, trying Ebay might not be a bad thing. Cloak is red-hot these days.

trueblue said:

Like I said in the other thread, call up their studio if you don't get anywhere with the store. It is totally unacceptable and I would be calling them every damn day if I were you; I would not rest until I got my money back, or shoes that fit. Plenty of people have talked about how sizes have just become "suggestions" for a lot of designers, but that sure isn't the way shoes are handled at this point.

And I wouldn't buy shoes on eBay if the seller was saying that they are marked a 41 but fit like a 43--why would I trust the seller?

yea there is this one girl that works or worked there named Leah at the studio who was really kind and helped me purchase one of their blazers which was sold out at the the stores that carried them in new york. anyone know the number to the studio? i forgot it. by the way has anyone seen this cardigan or has it and wants to get rid of it? cloak store has sold out of small and extra small and cant seem to find any other store that bought it in this color. any help would be awesome!
00008.L.JPG

Originally Posted by kLm
This is based on...? Your empirical observations, your justification of your own purchase, your love for all things canvas and leather, $300 polos?

yes i do own them... and since i am studying shoe design at parsons i can say from my own opinion that they are well made for their price range. i have paid the same if not more for shoes that were of a lesser quality. not justifiying my purchase... its just an opinion, no need to be so salty.

konrad said:
yes i do own them... and since i am studying shoe design at parsons i can say from my own opinion that they are well made for their price range. i have paid the same if not more for shoes that were of a lesser quality. not justifiying my purchase... its just an opinion, no need to be so salty.

It's a good thing you said "from my own opinion" not "from my own experience" - because the ridiculously thin sole and half of the material being canvas, they are WAY overpiced. But, hey, if you already own even more overpriced footwear to begin with, as you say, then these babies are a good deal - everything is relative, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melizz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->