Cloak S/S 06 New York

macchiom said:
If the quality hasn’t improved from the Cloak pieces I own or have seen. I’m not so sure I’ll get anything from this collection...

I only own Cloak outerwear but the quality is superb, the knits and pants/jeans seemed pretty well made too. What did you find lacking compared to other pieces in a similar price point? I'm not attacking you btw, just wondering....

Fuuma said:
I only own Cloak outerwear but the quality is superb, the knits and pants/jeans seemed pretty well made too. What did you find lacking compared to other pieces in a similar price point? I'm not attacking you btw, just wondering....

The only problem I've had with Cloak pieces are that the damn buttons keep falling off (well, only the antique bronze ones). Aside from that, it's pretty good.

I have yet had problem with the buttons on my Cloak. But the quality of the lining in my blazer seems a bit weak I think. Threads seem like they are not strong enough to hold up the fabric. They are falling apart in the arm and elbow area. But they are easy fix though. I also have problem with my leather vest. There were sticky tape/glue types of material around the inside of the pocket seams. Maybe they were there when putting the vest together and forgot to clean up afterward?:unsure:Both items are from F/W 2004.

Fuuma said:

Well, I didn't really want to rant, but I'll take your invitation. The threads on both of the outside pockets of my wool jacket have fallen apart, and the fabric on one of them just tore for no apparent reason. The buttons falling off is a very common problem. They really need to work on the quality control. I'm with Macchiom, I will not buy any more Cloak until I stop hearing quality complaints.

my bf got a lot of buttons, from alexander himself, because the antique buttons keep falling off from his trench and pants. but these are buttons from hell because they're sharp enough to cut the thread. they are, apparently, addressing this concern already.

still, i am not confident to buy their shoes and bags for ss2006 - preorders accepted even.

:blink:

I have quite a few Cloak pieces from three seasons leading up to Fall 2004 and all of them have held up well save for one. The lining of my elbow strap blazer from AW04 ripped in both arms from the very first wear. I think most or their problems with buttons have been in their cotton pieces.

Even though the quality sounds worse than Walmart or GAP, I really WANT that grey leather jacket in post #86. :lol: Do you guys think they'll be making it in XS? Because if they do, I will seriously buy it ASAP. Mmmmm... :heart: Grey leather!!!!!!!!

AlexN said:
Even though the quality sounds worse than Walmart or GAP, I really WANT that grey leather jacket in post #86. :lol: Do you guys think they'll be making it in XS? Because if they do, I will seriously buy it ASAP. Mmmmm... :heart: Grey leather!!!!!!!!

I hope, for your sake, that Alexandre cuts slimmer this summer, cuz I've tried the outerwear this season and fits pretty big (i.e. I'm a 50 in DH and a large in FW2004 Cloak, yet I'm a small in this season's Cloak jackets). :shock:

That jacket is really nice though. :flower:

drexl said:
I hope, for your sake, that Alexandre cuts slimmer this summer, cuz I've tried the outerwear this season and fits pretty big (i.e. I'm a 50 in DH and a large in FW2004 Cloak, yet I'm a small in this season's Cloak jackets). :shock:

That jacket is really nice though. :flower:

Wow, thats a pretty large cut
:shock:

Ofcourse, you can always have it tailored, can't you?

horriblyjollyjin said:
Looks like a Filippa K rip off by a high street brand to me, this was a very weak collection IMO. See for yourself how similar it is to www.filippak.com

I dont see any resemblence to Filippa K at all. Cloak is much more interesting. F.K is boring and has only a mere gap feeling to it...sorry. Cloak is giving you a feeling, an atmosphere that is unique and very much copied now by other designers...Filippa K makes menswear, Cloak creates menswear.

horriblyjollyjin said:
Looks like a Filippa K rip off by a high street brand to me, this was a very weak collection IMO. See for yourself how similar it is to www.filippak.com

Dear god, you did not just say that.:rolleyes:

If you look at her clothing, Filippa doesn't really 'create' menswear as rui stated just now - look at her collections on that very site that you provided and you see your everyday basics styled and modelled in a runway presentation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by horriblyjollyjin

Are you kidding? Should you say Fillippa K looks like a Banana Republic rip off by a high street brand instead?

The details and attentions paid by Cloak is not match with Fillippa K. Although S/S 2006 is not my favorite one from Cloak. But still Fillippa K is not even close IMO. You have to see Cloak in person then you'll know.

I received the fencing jacket from F/W 04 today, and while it's absolutely beautiful, it's bigger than I was expecting. It's a small, and I definitely think it fits like a small, snugly like on the runway. I wear an extra small, and while it sorta fits okay on my body, the sleeves are SOOOOOOOOOOOO damn long (multiple inches too long!), and the jacket itself is a few inches longer than I'd like. So much for it running super small. Oh well...to eBay it goes.

AlexN said:
I received the fencing jacket from F/W 04 today, and while it's absolutely beautiful, it's bigger than I was expecting. It's a small, and I definitely think it fits like a small, snugly like on the runway. I wear an extra small, and while it sorta fits okay on my body, the sleeves are SOOOOOOOOOOOO damn long (multiple inches too long!), and the jacket itself is a few inches longer than I'd like. So much for it running super small. Oh well...to eBay it goes.

Aww, sucks to hear that. What about getting it tailored?

Hmmm...I dunno. I really think I should just let it go to someone who doesn't have to potentially screw anything up at a tailor. :(

I'm in Kansas City. There are some very good tailors around here, but it just scares me sh*tless. :lol: I'm just gonna have to try it on a few more times and think about it.

AlexN said:
Hmmm...I dunno. I really think I should just let it go to someone who doesn't have to potentially screw anything up at a tailor. :(
too bad :(
Maybe saks or neimans? I know they're maybe not the best, but they are most likely "professional", and as long as you tell them what you want correctly, they can probably fix it up for you :flower:

good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonHansen100
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->