Cloak S/S 06 New York

I like it despite it being less dramatic than previously. It's subtle but it's still interesting. Still,I wish it did have a bit more detail as in previous collections.

excuses and dont jump on me guys but i seriously cant see what so super great about Cloak :ninja:

I could see myself wear pretty much all in that show heh..
thanks for the report and pictures.

I like it, but as ever before, not crazy for it at all. I still think the 04F/W is much better. I haven't been able to check the entire collection yet, but from the pictures posted on this thread, my impression is that most of the clothes could be from any other similiar designer, Ann D., Dior Homme, Rick Owens, whatever; in another word, so Atelier New York looking! Maybe you need to see the real clothes to find out what's special with them. I don't know, I have never expected much from Cloak, therefore not disapponited either.

Aside from the white pieces, there wasnt a gosh-darn item posted that I didnt like...I esp. like the cut of the pants & the striped cardigan...And is that a STRAP I see dangling from the shoes? (1st post, 2nd pic: I dont know why-I just like the look of straps on shoes.) Bravo--cant wait to see more! :heart:

Johnny said:
So do you like it or not, :smile:D )

:lol: Yeah.

Lena, care to elaborate?

P.S. I forgot to mention, I'm really loving the footwear. I wonder if it's Cloak, or if he used someone else's.

Last edited by a moderator:
well, it's hard to say how good the collection is on the basis of 6/8 photos...but, from what i've seen it's no where near as good as 04...dissapointing so far, I wouldn't wear any of that.

faust said:
:lol: Yeah.

Lena, care to elaborate?

P.S. I forgot to mention, I'm really loving the footwear. I wonder if it's Cloak, or if he used someone else's.

It is their own footwear. He did leather/leather and leather/canvas shoes and boots.

I saw the collection before it hit the runway, and it is miles ahead of this past Spring's. A lot of great pieces, which is something considering that I usually don't like Spring collections.

Scott said:
I like it despite it being less dramatic than previously. It's subtle but it's still interesting. Still,I wish it did have a bit more detail as in previous collections.

I agree:flower:

I really love the double brested beige leather jacket:heart:

No, it doesn't scream concept, no story here, just really easy to wear clothes that make you feel like you'd be looking cool as a hep cat. I love all the CdG, Undercover, Ann D. stuff, but they're not things I'll wear to death. I find that the clothes I really get mileage out of are the simple Costume National, Lieve Van Gorp, AFV. Tomorrow, I'm going to put together a look that is a female version of this:

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Attachments

• 55396674.jpg
    55396674.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 350
kLm said:
It is their own footwear. He did leather/leather and leather/canvas shoes and boots.

I saw the collection before it hit the runway, and it is miles ahead of this past Spring's. A lot of great pieces, which is something considering that I usually don't like Spring collections.

kLm said:

last time i was at the cloak store, they had a limited run (50 pairs i think) of 3 styles of the footwear (leather/canvas saddle shoe & two styles of the leather/canvas boots, i think). very nice shoes with a nice rounded (but not too much) toe.

any idea about the price range for the footwear? They look really really nice!

i *think* it was $365 for the shoes and $600+ for the boots, but my memory is fading. i may swing by the store again soon to check, but i'm afraid that i may buy a pair ...

I slightly agree with what Raijin said.

I can't say I'd call it 'commercial' exactly, but I guess I could say it's edging towards mainstream.

However..:woot:

Can't say I don't like a lot of this, cardigans, jackets. Some of these pieces look really special. I want to touch it!!! :shock:

Plokhov said: “I want clothes to look worn, like you’ve found them in your grandfather’s closet.”
...so I think I have a lot of them already

amblus said:
i *think* it was $365 for the shoes and $600+ for the boots, but my memory is fading. i may swing by the store again soon to check, but i'm afraid that i may buy a pair ...

Ouch! $600+ for the boots eh? Hmm... maybe I should really think about investing in some Carpe Diem black boots. They're so awesome and I know they'll last for damn near eternity!

-A

I am in love with this collection.

Mmmmmm.
Those are the hottest models too... :wink:

I love this blazer!!!
attachment.php

I think that Fall 2004 was still really nice. It stimulated desire a lot.
In Fall 2004, he used red dark brown many times in his styling, which brought me some of the elegance with a little modest rusticity.
Those two things were mixed very well and made medieval classy atmosphere.
Here are some favorites.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

firstview.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellison1
Back