Controversial Opinions on Fashion

Anna Wintour isn't that powerful in the grand scheme of things; she is desperate and on the last legs to cling to relevance
No one gave a damn about Vogue or even legacy publications apart from a few celebs/ people in the industry and their agents

Anna has many upper bosses and masters, and she has to toe the party line on whatever agenda they are pushing like the rest of the commoner

The styling of the great majority of fashion shows are silly, but in different ways; In a young brand from london, it's clownish and easier to see that it sucks. But what bothers me is the styling of italian and parisian brands where it's very dated looking, stuffy to the point of being a costume. For example, skirt suits. I know women still wear it but brands present them in a way that looks straight out of 1983. Not to mention the absurdity of suggesting it's casual daywear...yeah in 1949. I see women wearing Chanel jackets with jeans and it's so much better, and actually how 99% of women wear Chanel casually anyway.

That was a long rant. :shock:

Diversity in Fashion: Fashion doesn't necessarily need to be diverse. It's important to recognize that beauty often aligns with the tall and slender physique. Plus-size models can detract from the elegance of the clothes and may struggle on the runway. I believe that the ideal body types should reflect the iconic supermodels of the '90s and the slim figures of the early 2000s.

2. I find Donatella Versace's work, particularly from the 2010s, to be unappealing and not reflective of great design. While Gianni pushed boundaries and infused his creations with artistry and flair, Donatella often relies on celebrity endorsements and collaborations, which can overshadow the design itself. Her collections sometimes lack the depth and originality that defined the Versace brand in its heyday. The emphasis on celebrity alignment seems to prioritize marketability over true creativity, making her work feel more commercial than artistic.

3. And a not so unpopular opinion, the Hadids are overrated who have had a negative impact in the fashion industry. I can understand why Gigi appeals to some people when she was younger but she has showed she is nothing but a nepo baby, Kendall 2.0 except with more Vogue covers and more shows.
Bella started making an effort when Kaia came, but I find her editorials to be extremely bland and boring, the same face with those sucked up cheeks. I don't understand the appeal and her fanbase is crazy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roykimax
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->