COS (Collection of Style) S/S 09 ‘The Spirit of Re-invention’

Hanne

Storm & Sommer
Reaction score
From www.fibre2fashion.com

Cos continues to develop a high quality design aesthetic that is fashionable but wearable and that pays homage to iconic pieces from the feminine and masculine wardrobe while questioning their function and form.
For spring/summer, the white shirt, the little black dress, the pencil skirt, the polo, the perfect blazer, pair of trousers or the coat that will transform a look; through draping, volume and architecture but that never appears over-worked are all part of the story.

The focus is on natural qualities and pure materials: paper crisp poplins, stiff Italian silks, washed cottons and linens woven with metallic thread, spongy, knitted jacquards and more fine-gauge weaves designed to be layered, one over the other.

The look is extremely matt, dry even, which focuses the attention on the innovative cut and proportion of the clothes.

The palette is muted. For women black, grey and all the shades of beige are offset with pale jade, mustard and royal blue, often with discrete accents of more violent brights. In men’s wear, colours are tonal – an aubergine trouser suit is worn with a plum shirt, a petrol blue T-shirt with a pair of navy city shorts.

The silhouette for women is groomed, even picture perfect, at first glance. Look more closely, however, and an apparently classic shift is draped and stitched above the empire line, a dress is cut out of a single, geometric length of fabric but the edges are left unfinished and frayed. For men’s wear, the appearance is similarly sharp at the edges but very slightly crumpled and aged. It is the imperfections in a garment that make it distinctive.

Perfection and imperfection, polished and raw, inspired by nature but technologically advanced, impeccably chic but with just the hint of a more anarchic side.

It is the juxtaposition of these contrasting elements that ensure an apparently minimal wardrobe but also a highly individual one, aimed at those who understand fashion but would rather not be a slave to it and have an innate sense of style that is whispered as opposed to shouted about.

Above all, this collection embodies a clean, unfussy and entirely metropolitan viewpoint and a continuing commitment to modernity that is unrivalled.
Cos
From Style Bubble:

6a00e5508e95a98833010536cdab5d970c-500wi.jpg

Sort of a crossover between Roland Mouret and Marni ?

Last edited by a moderator:
from www.fibre2fashion.com

COS launches childrenswear spring/summer 2009 collection

Spring/Summer sees the launch of the complete COS children’s wear collection. For girls and boys aged between 1 to 4, it is designed to echo the understated, modern take on the contemporary wardrobe that COS has embodied since its inception in 2007.

COS children’s wear focuses on the casual side of this aesthetic. As with men’s and women’s wear, the basis of the collection is the reinterpretation of iconic pieces including pleated school-girl skirts, polo-shirts, T-shirts, cardigans, sweaters, shorts and anoraks. All given an instantly recognisable, uncompromisingly minimal makeover and crafted in signature dry fabrics – natural washed poplins, twills, voiles, silks, cottons and fine jersey.

Some of the designs are exact copies of the adult versions, both current season and archive. More still are tweaked the better to suit a stylish young child’s every need. And so a trench coat from the spring/summer women’s wear collection becomes a cropped trench jacket for children, and a 1950s-inspired Formica print originally conceived for women is scaled down to suit a more diminutive silhouette.

The colour palette is predominantly neutral, of course, but less black. White and washed out greys and muddy browns are contrasted with accents of acid mustard, petrol blue, coral and raspberry (for her) and myriad shades of petrol blue and green (for him). An exclusive Crayola-bright bold graphic print for girls rubs shoulders with more discrete ultra-fine stripes and checks for boys.

COS children’s wear includes everything from the perfect smart summer dress, gathered at the waist then tied in a bow at the back to lightweight striped knits, washed denims, track suit bottoms, tankinis and swimshorts, jersey underwear, Chinese slippers and deck shoes. A range of printed fabric jewellery from necklaces to hair slides will also be available.

Above all, though suitably witty and even a little sweet in places – printed dresses come with knickers to match, seersucker blazers cut quite a dash. COS children’s wear subtly subverts the clichés of sugar and spice for girls – just as it ensures a relaxed and urban look for boys that is neither overly masculine nor prissy.

COS launched on London’s Regent Street in March 2007. COS is part of the H&M group. COS compliments H&M in sharing the same business concept - ‘fashion and quality at the best price’ - only COS prices start where H&M’s finish.

The pieces I've seen are quiet good.. I got my daughter a lovely cashmere sweater.

will the "alternative" stylists of the world PLEASE stop pushing socks to the foreground?

JUST!

STOP!

:lol: I take it your circulation is fine Street_a_Licious ? No cold feet even in early spring ? :P

i take socks only when the weather forces them on me :lol:

as soon as temperatures are over 15°C, my feet rejoice in flip flops, sandals and loafers sans socks.

IDC about socks, but i don't want to SEE them.

:lol: i've never seen anyone hate socks so much
i :heart: |visible| socks

here's an example of a Formica print/pattern
(for the children's)
it is called boomerang

xfatk8.jpg

populuxebooks.com|

i love the ideas for the main collections
very well-written,especially for the colour + dry fabric stories
my favourite's the blue dress ~*

I LOVE COS SOO MUCH! There should be a permanent thread for it here on tfs [I can't find it if there is one...]. I love the sale so much too! Everything goes so cheap.

That wouldn't be a bad idea loverunway.. however there aren't that many stores (yet?) and most of them are in Europe and more than 2/3 of our members are outside of Europe.. not sure a thread would get a lot of action.. maybe in Shop till you drop.. we got some hardcore European shopaholics there :P ( I'd suggest including Collection of Style in the title as COS is too short for our search machine..) :flower:

Waaaaaaay to plain, HM need to spice up COS as it's too conservative at the moment.

homeboy- I totally disagree. I love the shapes and the colours- I don't think they're conservative at all, quite the opposite. Cos makes mostly formal-ish clothes and I think they do very well to make formal look fun and exciting.

I really like the draped/wraped dress but it's so transparent you see the model's culotte!

just want to say THANKS for posting all of these hanne...

:P
* the standout to me is the men's crinkly khaki shorts and cropped drainpipe pants...
which seem quite modern and less retro that the pleated rolled pants...

:innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Hanne I made it.. I hope you don't mind! http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f46/cos-collection-style-76311.html#post5327078

And I think it'll get enough attention from EU shoppers especially Germany. If you go on ebay.de there are always TONS of Cos items! I'm surprised they don't have stores in France actually! I think they'd do really really well there!

Cos should finally open its store in Paris somewhere in Spring/Summer 09. It was planned for last year but they encountered renovation and neighborhood issues to set their boutique.

it is a real shame that H&M's clothes arent cut this well...i guess this is where they are sending all their good designs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->