The 'Haute Couture in Editorial' Thread

Astrid21

Reaction score
I fell in love with this editorial as soon as I opened it up. :blush: He translates the couture the divine models are wearing into something very artistic and abstract. Love it and love Meisel even more. :wink:

The models are Euguenia Volodina and Elise Crombez.

The cover :arrow:

Attachments

• 0sml20030301d001.jpeg
    0sml20030301d001.jpeg
    21.4 KB · Views: 227
:woot: amazing edito -green is certainly on the rise-thanks for taking the time Astrid :heart:

Nice, very artsy and it like it's living but the clothes are from the Spring couture why not Fall? :huh:

Amazing! :P :heart:

although , I have to say it really reminds me of some of his other editorials

Looks like those big balls from the gym and the women went crazy turning the treadmills over :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hehe. I like it :heart:

img01.jpg

Grand Acquisitions
On MoMA's sixth floor, modern masters meet: Chuck Close's larger-than-life portrait Robert/104,072 [1973-74] and bold strokes by John Galliano. Christian Dior Haute Couture white satin crinoline dress with cherry-blossom amethyst-and-gold embroidered bodice.
img02.jpg

Venus Rising
In the soon-to-be sculpture garden, a statuesque Dior stands in place of artworks to come. Christian Dior Haute Couture by John Galliano rabbit-trimmed moiré teal dress with black lace appliqué and jet beading.
img03.jpg

Electric Slide
The mega new MoMA will accommodate a deep archive of oversize works like this one: Hollis Frampton's 16mm short film Lemon. Gaultier Paris floor-sweeping pleated ivory sheath dress.
img04.jpg

Master Class
In the conversation room, Matisse's Goldfish and Sculpture [1912], Gino Severini's Dynamic Hieroglyphic of the Bal Tabarin [1912], and Rothko's No. 3/No. 13 [1949] stand side by side with the artistry of the Chanel atelier's expert craftspeople. Chanel Haute Couture black tulle coat with camellia and bustier dress.
img05.jpg

Deconstruction Zone
"Ethereal" is how critics describe the work of Yoshio Taniguchi, the brilliant architect reimagining MoMA; ethereal, too, best describes the brilliantly constructed, white satin-and-faille wedding dress by Christian Lacroix Haute Couture, with it's whipped-cream ruff.
img06.jpg

Behind the Velvet Ropes
New York is holding its breath to see if MoMA will reestablish itself among the world's best modern museums. Valentino Couture strapless black silk gown with embroidered black-and-crimson descending train.
In this story: fashion editor, Grace Coddington; sittings editor, Alexandra Kotur; hair, Julien d'Ys; makeup, Gucci Westman for Lancôme.

is it just me...or are these pictures old?...

Originally posted by softgrey@Nov 10 2004, 10:54 PM
is it just me...or are these pictures old?...
[snapback]426717[/snapback]​

are they? But they are lovely especially the frist and second :heart:

softgrey, I have a feeling I knew the photos you're thinking of..but no, these are new....they are this month's W or bazaar or vogue...not sure,
just saw it at my mother's house.

(They are making mention of the re opening of MoMa in NYC)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->