The First Vogue or Other Fashion Magazine You Bought?

US Vogue July 2009 with Sienna Miller. "City of Dreams" was my first Vogue edit! :smile:

I always flipped through Vogue Deutsch with my mum when I was a small kid but the first Vogue that I bought for myself was this one:

Vogue USA 1998 JAN : the Spice Girls by Steven Meisel
vous19980100.jpg

fashion-iconography.net

:innocent:

US:
Shalom Harlow Feb. 1996
4ab21345554bb_23680n.jpg

ecrater.com

Paris:
Madonna Aug. 2004
ef5d9660a9c3c8d9_Vogue_Paris_August_2004_-_Madonna.jpg

onsugar.com

Italian:
Naomi Campbell August 2008
500x_ITALIANVOGUEnaomicover07140.jpg

jezebel.com

Gemma Ward for Italian Vogue May 2007 by Steven Meisel

Goddess! :heart:
052e67fc80b68539_Vogue_Italia_May_2007_-_Gemma_Ward.jpg

voguearchives.onsugar.com

cul8tr, tayloryepp, BibiRose & blueorchid : please don't forget to add credits to your pictures as per tFS Crediting Rules otherwise they will have to be removed.

VOUS200611_00.jpg

fashion-iconography

Cate Blanchett for the the November 2006 issue. This was the first issue I received from my subscription. However, the first issue that I ever looked at of Vogue was the September 2006 issue with Kirsten Dunst dressed as Marie Antoinette. That was really the first issue that started it all.^_^

It was the February 2007 issue (of British Vogue). It came out a couple of days after I'd turned 13; I was shopping with my mum, spending some of my birthday money, and when we were in WHSmiths I picked up Vogue. I decided to buy it because I'd been flicking through it in the dentist's waiting room for a couple of years, swooning over the pretty dresses!
The first issue of Vogue Paris that I bought was the August 2009 one, with Daria rocking Burberry on the cover. :smile:

My first Vogue was Vogue España December 2002 with Helena Christensen:

2002+12.jpg

Vogue.es

The first Vogues I ever brought were from the early 1990s. They were so expensive but I couldn't resist the model's beauty. I still think they are great covers.
Source:Iconography

Attachments

• claud.jpg
    claud.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 146
  • christy.jpg
    christy.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 146
this one cant even remember what year it was
i had read Vogue before but this was the 1st i bought with my own money
listal.com

202full.jpg

this one too was among my 1st issues

VoguecoverJan01_XL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For a very long time, before I came out, I could never be caught reading Vogue, or any fashion magazine, in my own home. After school, since grade 9, I would go to the public library and spend hours going through older issues of Vogue, as they never had anything recent. This was my first issue of Vogue I purchased after coming out, and will never let it go.

Isabeli Fontana by David Sims for Vogue Paris Nov. 2009 (with the golden lettering)
isabeli-fontana-vogue-paris-november-2009-cover.jpg

stylefrizz.com

Sorry, I forgot to credit a source...

So, my first Vogue was Vogue UK August 2009 with Sasha Pivovarova on the cover.

thefashiontime.com

UK Vogue August 1997..I remember it so well!

ebay.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->