Cover Rumor Thread

I always felt that Wintour's grudge over Lopez was so unecessary! I mean look at some famous women and how many covers they have gotten over the years (not to mention for far less successful projects), and Jennifer only has 2?!?!

I don't listen to her music, or watch that many of her movies (not that into rom coms), but she was always a conmpetent actress, and she was perfection in Hustlers.

And then there is the fact that she photographs like a dream, and is willing to have fun with HF! She would be perfect for the March issue. But in a way i would love to see her get UK Vogue by Meisel instead, coming full circle from that US Vogue/Wintour incident back in the 90s!

Well, I actually thought she eased up on Jennifer. There are others who are as successful as ever with 1 or zero Vogue covers.....Julia Roberts.

Maybe that Versace moment, however eyeroll-inducing I found it personally, will eventually secure her a cover. Off-topic, I wish she wouldn't hustle so hard for this film of hers. It's too much. A friend of mine laughed loudly in my face when I mentioned 'Oscar nomination' in the same sentence as her name earlier today.

I always felt that Wintour's grudge over Lopez was so unecessary! I mean look at some famous women and how many covers they have gotten over the years (not to mention for far less successful projects), and Jennifer only has 2?!?!

I don't listen to her music, or watch that many of her movies (not that into rom coms), but she was always a conmpetent actress, and she was perfection in Hustlers.

And then there is the fact that she photographs like a dream, and is willing to have fun with HF! She would be perfect for the March issue. But in a way i would love to see her get UK Vogue by Meisel instead, coming full circle from that US Vogue/Wintour incident back in the 90s!
I also think she has little Vogue for the size of her fame as an artist ... Neither the Latin edition (Spain or Mexico) gave her cover. But since it's something beyond my control, I only regret and content myself!

I think Jennifer has a lot of demands and it's expensive, she had a chance to have a cover by Meisel in 2001 and they canceled, then had the shoot with Testino in 2012 and in the end the cover was with Mert & Marcus, looks like bad luck that involves her. I'd give anything to see the whole editorial with Meisel, the photos that went to Vanity Fair are kind dull, but this leaked picture looks great.

XCwObeSS_o.png

Source.

I thought Anna didn't like her, but after so many Mets I changed my mind and yesterday after this video where Anna meets Jenny with Donatella backstage at Versace I really think it's possible a cover, she talks about Hustlers and some others projects, in the video show Donatella leaving the room and leaving Anna alone with Jennifer and her manager!

About a Vogue UK I think it's possible if we don't have a Vogue US, but it probably would be by M&M. Let's see...

Do you think Meisel would work with her again? I wanted her in Versace S/S 20 campaign!

^^^ I’ve never seen that photo before. I like it. They should have ran the editorial anyways. Do we know what month she was suppose to cover in 2001?

Also, I’m still confused as why M&M did the reshoot of the May 2012 issue and the photos by Testino ended up in the June 2012 issue? Because I prefer those photos by Testino. They looked amazing.

Oh wow, that picture is such a 180° turn from her image at the time! :lol: Glad it never made the cut.
I think Anna tried to class her up, and in fact her very first cover shoot was very moneyed blue blood. Wearing Carolina Herrera on the cover and all.

I sometimes wonder what Vogue would have been like if 2019 Anna Wintour edited it back then.

Laughed so hard when someone from J.Lo’s team (I think) interrupted Anna and told her that J.Lo was starting to film ANOTHER movie this 1st of October. What a way to flaunt J.Lo’s relevance.

Really don’t see this as anything but a courtesy call with Anna before the show starts.

Although, Versace’s backing might help her chances.

but that dress is Balmain Couture Fall 1999
You're right... I was confused because Gisele was cover in 2001 and 1999.

I found the original article from Page Six:
Lopez only rings once for Vogue

ANNA Wintour shouldn’t hold her breath waiting to get Jennifer Lopez to sit for a Vogue cover again. The diva with the devastating derriere is way too busy to suffer a second shooting. The lovely Latina was scheduled to appear on the cover of the December issue, and took time out from shooting “The Cell,” for three days of posing for Steven Meisel. But when the proofs came back, Wintour wasn’t happy. “Anna killed 80 percent or more of what was assigned,” a Vogue snoop told MSNBC.com gossipeuse Jeannette Walls. “She said ‘This just isn’t me, and this isn’t Vogue.'” The magazine confirmed the cover was nixed, but insists it’s trying to schedule a reshoot. “This happens all the time,” a spy told PAGE SIX. “They shot Gwyneth Paltrow, what, six times, and Winona Ryder more than twice. You could have a shoelace out of place and it would blow a cover. Anna liked everything about Jennifer’s shoot but the cover.” Tough, says Lopez. “It’s unfortunate she spent so much time on it,” her rep told us. “If it were up to her, she’d love to be on the cover, and it may happen sometime next year. But it’s really a matter of fitting it into her schedule. Making movies and music comes before magazine covers.”
Oh wow, that picture is such a 180° turn from her image at the time!
Her dancing pictures used in Vanity Fair are more Jennifer style.

I had to laugh out loud at this article.

‘This just isn’t me, and this isn’t Vogue.' B*TCH LOL! This entire decade wasn't Vogue and you didn't seem to complain... hilarious. I would love to see all those killed shots that never saw the light of day, cause those usually end up being way better than whatever Anna chose for the magazine (THAT Meisel group shot from September 2007)

Laughed so hard when someone from J.Lo’s team (I think) interrupted Anna and told her that J.Lo was starting to film ANOTHER movie this 1st of October. What a way to flaunt J.Lo’s relevance.

Really don’t see this as anything but a courtesy call with Anna before the show starts.

Although, Versace’s backing might help her chances.

Wait, I didn't know I was supposed to watch the video! Lol. That is cringey. Especially when Anna said 'well, that's appropriate' in response to the 'Marry Me' movie title. :unsure:

But say what you want, the woman is a professional and super gorgeous (especially when they made her up.) Also like that she's respectful when she speaks to people and checking whether she did right, not just assuming. I did frown a bit when I saw her making so many adjustments to that dress during the first fit to the point of asking for the sketch. And Donatella being as obliging as a glorified first assistant. But then Jennifer used to be a designer herself.

I am now convinced that she will get a cover. You don't give that much for nothing in return. I mean she's Jennifer Lopez, not Celine Dion.

I’ve already ways found Jennifer to be one of the most beautiful women out there, she can photograph like an absolute dream. I’m all for her landing another cover and hope it comes to pass. She’s never looked better.

But say what you want, the woman is a professional and super gorgeous (especially when they made her up.)

And is VERY hardworking. No doubt she deserves another cover, but not sure if this is the proof we’re all waiting for.

There was never a year since 2011 (Idol) where Jennifer was never not relevant. Haters can say otherwise, but she was booked since 2011. Idol, World of Dance, two Top 10 albums, movies, and several shows billed as executive producer. And here we are, 7 years later, with a possible Oscar nomination and talks of a superbowl headline. The b*h works hard, and nothing but respect for that.

Last edited:
Also, where are these male magazines preaching inclusivity and yet continue to deny the greatness of Billy Porter?

Also, where are these male magazines preaching inclusivity and yet continue to deny the greatness of Billy Porter?

I actually thought he would get GQ Style for autumn, but that went to Tom Holland. Maybe Welch will shock us all by giving him an OG cover. I mean, I very much doubt we'll see him on Esquire anytime soon. Lol.

Reactions: MON
I actually thought he would get GQ Style for autumn, but that went to Tom Holland. Maybe Welch will shock us all by giving him an OG cover. I mean, I very much doubt we'll see him on Esquire anytime soon. Lol.

We will see. Timothee has another cover due at GQ for The King.

Tbh, I want to see Billy on Vogue. Would be much more exciting than stale Miss Bieber or another boring white Hollywood girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Forum Statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    andy190
    Back
    monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
    <-- Admiral -->