Cover Rumor Thread

It would be nice to see Julia Roberts for the September cover of Vogue America, her smile is an antidepressant, she hasn't appeared on the cover of Vogue in decades, the last one dates back to the 90s!!!!for September Vogue it takes a great star or a great model, maybe even Viola Davis photographed by Annie Leibovitz, in perfect Vogue style !!!!

I highly doubt Viola will get a cover, after being ignored for years, and especially when she just had Vanity Fair. and doesn't have a new movie coming out. I could imagine Viola getting a cover next year will promoting Suicide Squad.

^ Don't get your hopes up, it will probably be a picture of Farneti himself under the headline 'I am hope' (in English, not Italian) or something totally idiotic like that.

Wow Covid really, really hit the final nail in the coffin for all fashion magazines in a even more embarrassing way than I could've even predicted.

^ Don't get your hopes up, it will probably be a picture of Farneti himself under the headline 'I am hope' (in English, not Italian) or something totally idiotic like that.
It has been confirmed earlier that it is something celebrating an anniversary? Multiple covers with models and actresses.

It has been confirmed earlier that it is something celebrating an anniversary? Multiple covers with models and actresses.
I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure it’s Vogue Paris that has an anniversary issue coming up...I think their October issue?

According to newsstand.co.uk, these are the upcoming release dates for UK mags, I've grouped them by week:

UK Vanity Fair - Fri 28/08/2020 (this Friday)

Hello! Fashion Monthly - Tue 01/09/2020
UK Tatler - Thu 03/09/2020
UK Elle - Thu 03/09/2020
UK Bazaar - Thu 03/09/2020
UK GQ - Fri 04/09/2020

UK Vogue - Fri 11/09/2020 (= 5 weeks for Sep issue on newsstand?)

UK Esquire - Thu 01/10/2020

UK Cosmo's next release date wasn't listed (not a good sign) and there also seems to be no sign yet of the A/W 2020 print issue of UK Glamour.

I would love to know the print sales for UK Glamour.
It must be very low.

With all these lackluster September issues being released it makes me wonder where Meisel is? He’s one of the best and most creative photographers why aren’t magazines hiring them? Editors must realize their magazine doesn’t look great, it doesn’t take a fashion expert to see the decrease in creativity and quality in just the last decade

My bet is on Naomi or Gigi. I think Kamala will be on the cover of the December or January after the November election (that her and Biden hopefully win)

:lol: That’s not how magazine publishing works. :lol: At anyone thinking this is probable this year. Or at all, really. Not with Samira on the scene. Why should Colonial Broad land that cover when Samira is a historic and more relevant choice? First BIPOC VPOTUS on the cover of the first major American mag edited by a BIPOC. And CB doesn’t have an in with the campaign, if she did as a bundler like with Obama, she could call up senior staff to express her opinions and wouldn’t have to write an editorial demanding a BIPOC VP. Remember that?

And before anyone goes on blathering about Hilary and Michelle, those women landed covers while as FLOTUS. And other administration’s FLOTUS’ were/are ignored. So there’s no tradition for FLOTUS’ on Vogue, let alone a woman VPOTUS.

There’s even a lot to say on whether any cover is probable but that’s definitely politics talk so I’ll keep those thoughts to myself.

Jennifer Lopez has a makeup and skin care line coming soon, probably shoted by M&M. I expect some big cover, it's been over 8 years since her last Vogue and 10 since her last Elle!

She was always guaranteed a Bazaar cover under Glenda - but that's all gone out the window now.

It'll all rest on who the parent company is for her forthcoming lines, and whether they can swing some deal. Otherwise, it'll sink straight into obscurity because people are sick of celebrity beauty lines.

She was always guaranteed a Bazaar cover under Glenda - but that's all gone out the window now.

It'll all rest on who the parent company is for her forthcoming lines, and whether they can swing some deal. Otherwise, it'll sink straight into obscurity because people are sick of celebrity beauty lines.
She is a cover girl... But I never understood why she has so few Vogue covers (not just the US, but other around the world and mainly Latin editions), she has several Elle, W, Vanity Fair and Harper's Bazaar, maybe because she is always in those others that she doesn't have so much space in Vogue, I think it's time for her to be back.

I agree with this celebrity-saturated market, but she has a name in business for years, she has a perfume line that is successful, she was L'Oréal ambassador, her line for Inglot sold out, but I believe that the anti-aging line will sell as a hot cake, for me there is no better example of how to age like Jennifer Lopez and she knows how to make her millions!

She'll definitely get Allure, at least! But that would just be like a rite of passage for a celeb launching a beauty range. It won't mean anything in the greater scheme of things.

I can't help but wonder if her relationship with Bazaar limited her options with Vogue. It seemed as if she really had a Vogue cover in the bag when I watched that BTS video of her fitting for Versace. The one where Anna stopped by.

It's time for her to forge new relationships. Graydon and Glenda, her biggest supporters, are now gone. She could try and cosy up to Nina, but Nina is like Anna in the sense that they're very much about who's trending right now.

She’s always been an elusive cover subject, especially outside of the UK. I’ve never hugely understood why, personally I can’t think of a single person who doesn’t like her or think she looks fantastic. Even at her true height she barely got any UK covers.

I reckon it will be another white cover with the word HOPE written on it using that paperclip-like font/render.

Lol do they actually think they remain to be that relevant so as warrant a countdown.

Here we go with the mediocrity. Not even actual art magazines are this pretentious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->