Cover Rumor Thread

I think Jenner tried to trademark it as a brand name, for Kylie Cosmetics, several years ago. Minogue countered, won, and then released her own cosmetics branded “Kylie”, which I’m guessing flopped?

Crazy to think how famous Minogue is in the U.K. and Australia when she’s C-list at best in the USA. Although I suspect her popularity is waning even internationally. I noticed she only has 2 million Instagram followers, despite being very active on the app for years.

Last edited:
Crazy to think how famous Minogue is in the U.K. and Australia when she’s C-list at best in the USA. Although I suspect her popularity is waning even internationally. I noticed she only has 2 million Instagram followers, despite being very active on the app for years.

Wow, C-list though?!? That's a bit harsh, isn't it? You're making it sound as if she's scrounging for likes on the gram. LOL.
Surely she must've gotten some airplay with Body Language at least or did the Lisbon footie mum cop all the attention?
Anyway, I can't seem to recall any big US magazine giving her a cover so maybe you're right.

But her popularity is certainly not waning in the UK. Just last year she booked a cover for UK GQ. And I'm sure she can request a Vogue Australia cover and get it.

Wow, C-list though?!? That's a bit harsh, isn't it? You're making it sound as if she's scrounging for likes on the gram. LOL.
Surely she must've gotten some airplay with Body Language at least or did the Lisbon footie mum cop all the attention?
Anyway, I can't seem to recall any big US magazine giving her a cover so maybe you're right.

I don’t think I’m being harsh. I almost said D-list! I know who she is, because I’m gay, but I don’t think I actually could sing along to more than 2 or 3 of her songs. I can promise you most of my family and friends don’t know who she is, they *might* vaguely recognize her name at best. I’m guessing she hasn’t had a Billboard top 100 song in decades. I’ve no idea what her goals are with Instagram, but she consistently posts And has been on it for 8 years, so I’m surprised all her international fans haven’t translated into a larger online following. To put it into perspective, Janet Jackson has well over double the amount of followers. My unproven suspicion is that Minogue’s fans are not huge in number anymore, but are very committed and very vocal.

But her popularity is certainly not waning in the UK. Just last year she booked a cover for UK GQ. And I'm sure she can request a Vogue Australia cover and get it.

I’m sure she’s very popular there, but wasn’t her GQ cover 1 of 11 covers that month? And it was not even from a shoot, it was a bts shot or something if I recall.

But the interview was exclusive.

Glad they recognized her. It’s a shame they didn’t bother to book her for an exclusive shoot, as they did the other heavyweights they featured alongside her, like Matt Healy and Greta Thunberg.

Last edited:
Kylie had one song I can think of that was popular here (in the US) back when I was in elementary or middle school, and that’s literally the only reason I even know who she is. I think to call her C-list in America is probably an understatement. She’s just not relevant here. I’d only learned she was considered to be so famous from that Jenner lawsuit.

Kylie is definitely not a massive star in the US, but she did have some success over there, especially during the Fever era and has a very loyal US fanbase (mostly the gays).

And while she is not setting the singles chart on fire anymore (like all her peers, streaming on radio play are not on your side anymore when you are a female popstar above 40), both her 2018 studio album and 2019 greatest hits album went to number 1 in the UK. In fact, if her new album Disco goes to the top position in the UK this coming November, she will be the first artist ever in the UK to have a number 1 album in five different decades. And besides charts, she has nothing to prove anymore, she is almost royalty in the UK and most definitely one of the most famous and popular female artists of all time.

But besides of all of this, it’s a British cover so it doesn’t really matter at all if she’s big in the US. She’s huge in the UK.

I just hope Edward doesn’t make some serious, dull cover. Kylie revels in being camp as Christmas, shiny and bright; I hope for some disco infused Nick Knight glory. Hopefully she won’t get the Lizzo treatment...

I’m always baffled by people saying Kylie Minogue is not a major star, but I can see how that’s coming from US people. She was one of the first superstars I knew growing up in Southeast Europe, and everyone still worships her, even more than Madonna. The cult of Kylie Minogue is alive and well around the world.

I'd be down for a Kylie Minogue cover of British Vogue. She's had some extremely memorable moments in print, like the December 2003 cover of British Vogue, V Magazine by Mario Testino and a fair few gorgeous covers of British Elle (not to mention Vogue and Harper's Bazaar Australia).

It would be truly fabulous to see Kylie for British Vogue photographed by Nick Knight (or even Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott), once again!

I would be very surprised if Kylie Minogue graces the cover of UK Vogue.

I was looking for some info about this new model named Valentin Humbroich and here is what I found:
Legendary photographer Alastair McLellan recently saw in our Valentin the potential for stardom, putting him on the cover of Vogues Hommes, and immediately choosing him for an upcoming story on Vogue Paris with supermodel Imaan Hammam.
Not cover related but it is a nice info. Always happy to see Imaan getting big jobs.

The 2 rumored covers to close out British Vogue are Beyoncé and Kylie M. I can confirm 99.9% the Beyoncé cover is true via someone familiar with the shoot. I wonder if she will be November or December.
Anything about the shoot? Who shoot her? What is the theme choose?? Did she gonna do a interview ?

The Kylie M. erasure is where I draw the line.

Lol, happy for her.

UK GQ multiple covers for their summit.
Michaela Coel by Ben Weller is one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->