Cover Rumor Thread

It's a studio shot with gray background then...
But I'm not complaining since this lineup looks promising.

It's a studio shot with gray background then...
But I'm not complaining since this lineup looks promising.

He's actually the closest we have to Meisel when it comes to studio work, another reason why I'm looking forward to the cover.
Especially when he's shooting for WSJ. But I prefer his work for Vogue. The lighting is warmer and softer.

If that's the final lineup, I think the seemingly odd combination is a result of highlighting a diverse set of current or upcoming models all representing America. You've got two Black models, two Asian models, a Hispanic model, a trans model, and then Kaia and Bella have big social media followings and will presumably help sell the issue. I think it's an interesting crew and I'm eager to see the results.

The only thing I don't like about it so far is that this will be Kaia's THIRD American Vogue cover. She's only 19 and her career is arguably winding down, not heating up. I have to believe her June/July cover was a last minute thing after another coverstar fell through....

Also two plus-sized models, Precious and Yumi.

Not sure if anyone cares about DeuxMoi. But someone who styled the shoot said Adele is on the September cover of Vogue. Could they mean British Vogue?

Last edited:
I’m failing to understand as to why a professional stylist commissioned by Vogue for a top secret cover shoot would spill the beans on an Instagram confessional page.

If true, this slashes my hopes for an Adele x Steven Meisel moment on British Vogue. Very much doubt the calibre of stylist Meisel is willing to work with would do such a thing (or I may be surprised).

In comparison to a US Vogue September fold-out where it's highly likely that no-one will be happy with the choices made, Adele on the September UK Vogue might be a more straightforward thing to look forward to.

With the constant erosion of everything that's traditional about magazines, 'the September issue' feels more lightweight every year, both in terms of page count and importance.

Deuxmoi doesn’t have real sources, some stan probably made it up submitted it. @Benn98’s tea is always accurate.
(unless they changed it last minute?)

Objective likelihood of an upcoming Adele cover aside, it’s absurd to think a stylist who’s at the level to be styling Adele for a Vogue cover would leak it to a gossip insta that posts all kinds of nonsense, much less leak it and then reveal their own identity in the process!

Very much doubt the calibre of stylist Meisel is willing to work with would do such a thing (or I may be surprised).

:lol::lol::lol:

I agree. Very much doubt American Vogue will have changed their planned model cover which also features designer cameos.
If Adele is on a September cover then it must be for another edition. British Vogue is obviously likely, but if the news leak the way it did (on an Insta confessional) then I'm guessing the cover was shot by the type of photographer who shoots when Meisel refuses to. McDean, Jansson etc. Who knows

Maybe they meant Italian Vogue. Adele is styled and photographed for 50 different covers by 50 different strangers Farneti bumped into and immediately recruited for the job at a Milanese vaccination clinic. He’s going out with a bang!

Maybe they meant Italian Vogue. Adele is styled and photographed for 50 different covers by 50 different strangers Farneti bumped into and immediately recruited for the job at a Milanese vaccination clinic. He’s going out with a bang!

Would anyone at all be surprised if this was their actual September issue?

tenor.gif

tenor

God, I might actually miss cringeing at his issues once a month. No one else could possibly come up with crap so ridiculous it's borderline unbelievable.
Remember when they published covers with the ugliest kid drawings they could find? Iconic. You've got to have some seriously big balls to pull off something as ridiculously stupid as that. How he managed to get all those issues published will forever remain a mystery to me.

I think whoever submitted it probably got the Adele thing from the speculation a few pages back in this thread and thought they’d send it in Deuxmoi (probably thinking we have inside knowledge).

Or maybe I’ve developed psychic powers and guessed correctly that Adele is on the September cover and just got the edition wrong…

I think it’s possible it’s not an actual stylist and it’s just an intern or assistant that was involved in the shoot. They could be wrong about the release and it’s an October issue instead.

I recall reading somewhere that every edition of Vogue will share the same theme for September (just like last year).

All the girls included on US Vogue’s September cover are American. Perhaps the theme is a celebration of homegrown talent/home country? Adele, who is a Brit, makes sense for British Vogue.

So happy for Lourdes!
Can't wait to see how she's serving on her second Vogue cover.

She has never covered any Vogue before, not an editorial

Wrong.
She shared a cover with her mama for Vogue, way back in August of 2005.
Coincidentally, it was her mama's last American Vogue cover.:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->