Crappy Agencies?....

unimakiboi

Reaction score
hey folks,

anyone in the biz that has been treated impolitely by those model agencies in the big apple?

haha. my friend's been told to watch her language and learn to speak more professionally cos she's was being casual and asked for more options on the models.

also, some agents write back in non-complete sentences via email with a hell lotta exclamation points. they even quote ridiculously high rate just cos they know the clients aint gonna pay them big bucks. so lame. so lame.

never had a problem with new york personally.
there are however bookers everywhere who are quite simply useless or slow or annoying or horrible miserable people, and sometimes all in one

unimakiboi said:
also, some agents write back in non-complete sentences via email with a hell lotta exclamation points.

oh my god :rofl: so so true

one thing for sure is some smaller agencies are the sweetest! they are helpful, polite and actually care. to name a few, nomad and vny rock!

Unimakiboi,
Do you have the contact info for Vny to send pictures to?

Oh god yes - DNA & Women won't give you the time of day unless another agency sends you.

evexa said:
Oh god yes - DNA & Women won't give you the time of day unless another agency sends you.

Those are the ones that don't even have open calls. You have to be seriously on point to get five minutes in there.
No one compares to Whilhelmina though. In the first five seconds of open call, they're like, "If you're not at least 5'9 and stunning, hit the road!"

i LOVED Women. Roman talked to me for like 15 minutes and this was in January, unfortunately this was right before Fashion Week, I just had bad timing. I can't get over how nice they were.
Marilyn was also pleasant, I got my own 20 minutes with them!

1modelmanagement sends you home when you dont show up for all castings with a skirt no matter how cold it is outside!

vedis said:
i LOVED Women. Roman talked to me for like 15 minutes and this was in January, unfortunately this was right before Fashion Week, I just had bad timing. I can't get over how nice they were.
Marilyn was also pleasant, I got my own 20 minutes with them!

me too.. Roman is sweetheart! :heart: Everyone loves him!

I never went to the open calls. I called all the agencies before I went up and got appointments, even with IMG! I think anyone here should try. Open Calls would be my last resort, I've only been to one.

vedis said:
I never went to the open calls. I called all the agencies before I went up and got appointments, even with IMG! I think anyone here should try. Open Calls would be my last resort, I've only been to one.
why would they be your last resort? You can send pics via email and postal mail but even then they still want to see you in person.

They're doing their jobs.

Just because they aren't interested in signing you does not make them mean....

AlmostFamous said:
They're doing their jobs.

Just because they aren't interested in signing you does not make them mean....

and this girl should know.:wink:

Terrima183 said:
Those are the ones that don't even have open calls. You have to be seriously on point to get five minutes in there.
No one compares to Whilhelmina though. In the first five seconds of open call, they're like, "If you're not at least 5'9 and stunning, hit the road!"

oh my gosh! I dont know how you guys can take it... I give ya'll props :flower:

The cliche is that the modeling industry is "a bunch of sharks", isnt' it?

So I guess be prepared for all of the agencies and what they will and will not do...

Well, this agent that was trying to scout me got kind of snarky when I told her I thought she sounded shifty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->