Crappy Agencies?....

I should probably stop reading this thread. lol

I guess you have to see it where they're coming from;
an agency, in some ways, can be like a family. But most importantly, its a business and you have to learn not to take 99% of what they say personally. If they're telling youthat your bum is too big or you would do better on go sees if you wore a skirt; they know what they're talking about. They're not saying it to be mean. They're not even really thinking when they say it.

if you can't take what they have to say. its going to wear you down immensly. and you should probably reconsider your involvement in the biz.

just my 2 cents.

^ that is ture... I guess if you cant take it initially, then you should reconsider this...

I have never been to one, but I know that if I went to a job interview for my field and they were so harsh like that- wow.. it would hurt to know I wasnt 'good enough'...

i get really annoyed with bookers who i go out on a limb to help or do something which will benefit them and they dont show any appreciation.
i put in a really good word for someone over some international bits and pieces and the booker said to me 'its not like i need it' :rolleyes:

Maybe I worded that wrong... I meant to say that I email pictures first and see what they say. If nothing happens then I think that's when you should go to an open call. I think open calls are almost a waste of time. But maybe that's just me!

vedis said:
i LOVED Women. Roman talked to me for like 15 minutes and this was in January, unfortunately this was right before Fashion Week, I just had bad timing. I can't get over how nice they were.
Marilyn was also pleasant, I got my own 20 minutes with them!
Did you get signed by anyone?

I signed with Boss awhile back but I left them the same year.

AlmostFamous said:
I should probably stop reading this thread. lol

I guess you have to see it where they're coming from;
an agency, in some ways, can be like a family. But most importantly, its a business and you have to learn not to take 99% of what they say personally. If they're telling youthat your bum is too big or you would do better on go sees if you wore a skirt; they know what they're talking about. They're not saying it to be mean. They're not even really thinking when they say it.

if you can't take what they have to say. its going to wear you down immensly. and you should probably reconsider your involvement in the biz.

just my 2 cents.

Even if what they're saying is true, they COULD be nice about what they have to say. And....

Although there are commonalities between agencies (e.g. height and weight requirements), they also have differences; everyones got an opinion of what you should look like - for THEIR purposes. Once you are signed, it is up to you to keep up the standard they set for you. Listen to your booker. Until you get signed or are independently wealthy it's a good idea to put on your thick skin. You'll need it.

DivaEsque said:
Even if what they're saying is true, they COULD be nice about what they have to say. And....

Although there are commonalities between agencies (e.g. height and weight requirements), they also have differences; everyones got an opinion of what you should look like - for THEIR purposes. Once you are signed, it is up to you to keep up the standard they set for you. Listen to your booker. Until you get signed or are independently wealthy it's a good idea to put on your thick skin. You'll need it.

I completely agree that they could be nicer about it, but they’re not trying to be mean. I understand that its hard not to take things like that personally, it takes some practice. I should know, its not like I have a booker than absolutely adores everything about me. :P

Each agency is different, that’s why if one is really interested in becoming a part of this business, they should go and see all of the agencies in that area. And if luck is playing on your side, things could go well. Its just really important to make sure the things they say, good or bad, does not ultimately change the way you feel about yourself. =)

They are not in it to be nice,they are in it to make money. When you start making big bucks for them, they can be extremely nice.

maybe there should be another thread about models wannabe and their bookers. my intention here is to discuss the customer service a client should get from the agency.
some of them doesnt write in proper english, and as soon as your budget is out of their league, they treat u like dirt.

unimakiboi said:
maybe there should be another thread about models wannabe and their bookers. my intention here is to discuss the customer service a client should get from the agency.
some of them doesnt write in proper english, and as soon as your budget is out of their league, they treat u like dirt.

oh yes. completely different scenario.
:flower:

Acid said:
i get really annoyed with bookers who i go out on a limb to help or do something which will benefit them and they dont show any appreciation.
i put in a really good word for someone over some international bits and pieces and the booker said to me 'its not like i need it' :rolleyes:

That person needs a good slapping ;D
if you did that for me i'd love you long time ;o

I went to NY at the beg. of June to a few open calls, and they were very nice. Especially Major and Ford. Wilhelmina said they dont do open calls, which in my opinion doesnt allow them to get some of the walk-ins that other agencies get. Now all I got to do is send in some pictures. Should I include all my stats(height, weight, sizes) in with the pics. I'm a guy so i dont know if every detail is needed.

CoreySuprStr said:
I went to NY at the beg. of June to a few open calls, and they were very nice. Especially Major and Ford. Wilhelmina said they dont do open calls, which in my opinion doesnt allow them to get some of the walk-ins that other agencies get. Now all I got to do is send in some pictures. Should I include all my stats(height, weight, sizes) in with the pics. I'm a guy so i dont know if every detail is needed.

With your pictures you should include
measurements
hair color
eye color
shoe size
and your contact information.

All the agencies I've spoken with have been really sweet... except for MMG... I Don't know what it was... but they must've been having a bad day... they were going thru us... not looking at anyone for more than a second just ripping compcards out of our hands... and saying to some people,"What the f*ck!.. get the f*ck out of my line!"

:-(

^ wow, that's so rude. Some people could definately work on their politeness. If someone said that to me, I would say something not so nice right back.

bballkid11 said:
^ wow, that's so rude. Some people could definately work on their politeness. If someone said that to me, I would say something not so nice right back.
I cosign on that one.

unimakiboi said:
also, some agents write back in non-complete sentences via email with a hell lotta exclamation points.

Yep yep yep - very true. It seems that every agent I have had does that, too funny! :lol::lol::lol:

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarenabrilcoleman
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->