Crappy Agencies?....

sasseestefanie said:
All the agencies I've spoken with have been really sweet... except for MMG... I Don't know what it was... but they must've been having a bad day... they were going thru us... not looking at anyone for more than a second just ripping compcards out of our hands... and saying to some people,"What the f*ck!.. get the f*ck out of my line!"

:-(

all the agencies are sweet when you meet them, they want you to sign with them.. it's later on when you learn the real deal:doh:

but that's part of the business aspect.. you need to be prepared when you sign that contract.

but if they are completely out of line and ignore you.. because that happens.. a model i know said the people at Ford completely ignored her and didn't even try to get her work.. then it's time to switch agencies! luckily, i haven't had that problem:D

although losing weight can be a pain..

why, thank you hautecouture1980! as do i love yours.. you can't do wrong with marilyn monroe!

hey, could somebody give me a heads up on the bogus agencies....aaaand
I heard John Robert Powers and Barbizon are bad schools, is it true?

Last edited by a moderator:
here's a heads up, dont do any modelling schools!

martinionrox said:
all the agencies are sweet when you meet them, they want you to sign with them.. it's later on when you learn the real deal:doh:

but that's part of the business aspect.. you need to be prepared when you sign that contract.

but if they are completely out of line and ignore you.. because that happens.. a model i know said the people at Ford completely ignored her and didn't even try to get her work.. then it's time to switch agencies! luckily, i haven't had that problem:D

That's good that you haven't had that problem. I guess any agency can be crappy if they stop believing in you.

CoreySuprStr said:
I went to NY at the beg. of June to a few open calls, and they were very nice. Especially Major and Ford. Wilhelmina said they dont do open calls, which in my opinion doesnt allow them to get some of the walk-ins that other agencies get. Now all I got to do is send in some pictures. Should I include all my stats(height, weight, sizes) in with the pics. I'm a guy so i dont know if every detail is needed.

Soemone else on the boards said major treated her terribly:shock: ! I'm far too afraid of them now- I'm aiming for Trump, New York, Next, Ford, or Marilyn- they're all short girl friendly! IMG too, but I get the feeling that place is the Holy Roman Empire, and eventually, they have to fallB) .

But for guys, I suppose Major and Ford on the very top!

KhaoticKharma said:
Soemone else on the boards said major treated her terribly:shock: ! I'm far too afraid of them now- I'm aiming for Trump, New York, Next, Ford, or Marilyn- they're all short girl friendly! IMG too, but I get the feeling that place is the Holy Roman Empire, and eventually, they have to fallB) .

But for guys, I suppose Major and Ford on the very top!

From what I've gathered, the top agencies for male models (which hold open-calls) are Major, New York Model Management, Ford and Wilhelmina. DNA and IMG are obviously big guns, too, but iirc, neither agency allows walk-ins. Prospective male models should also check out Request, Fusion, VNY, and Next, and maybe Boss if they're desperate (hehe).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because an agency says they don't have walk ins does not mean you shouldn't try. If you are what they're looking for, someone at the office will notice.

sasseestefanie said:
All the agencies I've spoken with have been really sweet... except for MMG... I Don't know what it was... but they must've been having a bad day... they were going thru us... not looking at anyone for more than a second just ripping compcards out of our hands... and saying to some people,"What the f*ck!.. get the f*ck out of my line!"

hahaha thats hilarious:lol: and a bit scary :unsure:

personally, i think some fat booker lady at TRUMP models is such a jerk. Before I was signed I went to an open call there and she told me " eww yuck, you have a sl*tty face" ..I was 15 at the time and even i was mature enough to ignore her trash. Anyways i doubt she still works there ; )

Planit M has by far the nicest bookers of any agency in NY I know :D :P :flower:

sasseestefanie said:

Yea they're pretty bitchy. I went there once to pick up someone and one of my friends agents was just openly talking trash about her in front of us and saying she doesn't get any work because she isn't skinny enough and just saying lots of other horrible stuff.

Ariez said:
Yea they're pretty bitchy. I went there once to pick up someone and one of my friends agents was just openly talking trash about her in front of us and saying she doesn't get any work because she isn't skinny enough and just saying lots of other horrible stuff.

I got a call from them a while back... a few times actually.. they were trying to reach me because they "wanted to work w/me."

Remembering how they treated me when I met them before...
... I told them I was signed with a Mother agency and that it'd be best that they contact them instead of me.. and they said,"Yeah.. um... we don't like working with mother agencies.. we just don't.... if you're ever out in NYC... give us a call."

I just didn't get it.. they seemed SO against the fact that I was with someone who'd be looking out for me.

------------------------------------------
I heard Women Model Management was having issues.... anyone know what kind?

Not sure what type of issues Women is having, but people have been mentioning it....also a few months ago they dropped alot of their models at supreme, they have maybe 6 or 8 models now..

AlmostFamous said:
I completely agree that they could be nicer about it, but they’re not trying to be mean. I understand that its hard not to take things like that personally, it takes some practice. I should know, its not like I have a booker than absolutely adores everything about me. :P

Where are you signed at?? I'd love to be a model but I'm afraid I'm too old now :(

sasseestefanie said:
I heard Women Model Management was having issues.... anyone know what kind?

I heard they are downsizing I guess becoming more selective at Supreme because those models eventually join Women when they get big. Although I thought they were already pretty selective anyway.

From my experience :

the nicest - Q Model Management
the rudest - Major :yuk:

But I haven't talked to that many...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"