Culottes

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
i've been trying to singlehandedly bring back culottes for several years now. I wear them with high leather boots and it reminds me of YSL circa 1977-78. :heart:

I've noticed that there have been some culotte sightings on the fall runways this year-Marc Jacobs, Rebecca Taylor, etc...

would you wear them? :flower:

culottes rock!
I think they are awesome with boots. In the Spring with high strappy sandals is a great look as well.

I wouldn't, but I am a guy.

I don't find them attractive, though admittedly some women look attractive in anything. :flower:

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Feb 25th, 2004 - 7:21 pm
I think your ship has sailed, and possibly sunk... but the best of luck to you :woot:
sailed, nooo...in fact, I think it's still just a little too fashion-forward for most people to relate to :flower:

I guess in a way, it's good...it means that my look is more unique and I won't see myself coming and going everywhere...

i'm just trying to understand why so many people are anti-culottes, because A LOT of people are and I just keep thinking it's because they don't know how to style them... :wink: I keep thinking I can show them the way :P

please could u explain what culottes are or post a pic???? :blush:

Originally posted by lilliojAnna@Feb 25th, 2004 - 8:09 pm
please could u explain what culottes are or post a pic???? :blush:
:blush: i feel completely helpless-I don't know how to post a pic...

culottes are basically an a line skirt with a split in the middle-sort of a combination skirt/pant.

:flower: Katherine Hepburn wore them a lot...

oh yeah thanks!!!! a girl at my school wears those really well!!

cool-you're in rotterdam. right? Veronique Branquinho had them in one of her collections a couple years ago...very Belgian/Netherlands I guess :P

Originally posted by lilliojAnna@Feb 25th, 2004 - 8:20 pm
hehe yep I'm in holland!
wel...maybe they'll cross over to the US eventually... :rolleyes:

I like them on some people.... but I am not one of those people. They remind me of sitting in a stuffy church in the summer when I was a little girl. Culottes were always the comprimise my mother and I made between what I would wear on my own and the frilly girl dresses she wanted.

aren't they also known as goucho pants? I'm also having trouble picturing what they are.

I'm remembering "Never Been Kissed" with Drew barrymore wearing a pair in the beginning.

Am I wrong?

I'm posting a picture for anyone else who had no clue what was being talked about. I personally don't like them. :yuk:

o god i hate them. its like a knee length skirt that not only makes me look only as tall as my knees and makes my thighs look fat and the three inches of my legs left look just as thick. bleh! :x

I guess if you have the right body you can pull them off. I'm sure they'll be back.. Like everything else.

They're gonna be big for fall

So are bell shaped sleeves and capes. Clothing is going to be much looser and more layered than previously.

I think its part of a general trend towards more comfortable dressing.

By time fall comes round I thikn that many of you will have changed your minds, trends can look wierd when they're very new.

Fashion is all about timing - being too early can be as bad as being too late. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->