Nights in white denim

I kind of like them when they are finished with gold buttons, marine style similar to Balenciaga.

I think they are crisp and clean looking. I absolutely adore them and have two pairs.
^the marine style is wonderful. I heard it would be great for fall, don't know where but I did.

I got these white jeans a couple weeks ago...

00007m.jpg

^those are great :woot:

I too like them on Kate Moss. And when I see her wearing them, I kind a want to buy some myself. but then I remind myself that it's a no no on me :lol:
I think they look great together with basic colours such as black, grey and navy. only the skinny ones though.

I like white jeans - except that they dirty easily. I think that skinny white jeans would be hard to pull off though, I doubt I'd be able to.

Yes all you fashionista and fashionheads...white jeans are the bomb-diggety! And do not be fooled to think that white will only work in the form of skinny jeans. White also looks pretty impressive in the bermuda pant...try it with bejeweled heels or flats. Oh and P.S forget black and grey with your white pants....do camel all the way! B)

I bought a pair of straight leg ones a few years back and wore them all through the summer after I finished school. I've kept them just incase, but I'm in no hurry to bring them out!

wow, this is an old thread. For the first time in my whole life, I'm starting to think white jeans are kind of cool if done right. I think this Isabel Marant ad is what's convincing me. Although I still don't know if I'd wear them ...

src: isabelmarant.tm.fr

Attachments

• ss08Picture 2.png
    ss08Picture 2.png
    166.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen lots of scenester-types in them when they're out, I think they're great in the summer and with the right pair of boots they can look great in the winter

I've always heard of white jeans as a good Summer look for femmes. You know... out in a tropical locale or some high-dollar part of town while wearing some white jeans. Maybe wearing some cute sandals or peep-toe pumps along with them. I think white jeans can make for a great look for those who can put together a great look.

Now I have a question to ask for all of you who like these white jeans... what makes white jeans stylish to you all? What makes white jeans better than your average blue denim jeans in your mind? I'm not knocking white jeans, I'm just asking for some opinions.

^ White jeans add a certain lightness to an outfit while still retaining the denim ruggedness. If you look at the outfit that AlexN posted above, you can imagine how much of a different, heavier mood the same outfit would have with, say, a pair of black jeans. You also wouldn't get that same effect with blue denim either ... although it could add some lightness, I don't think to the same degree. Additionally, I tend to think that the standard blue denim often, though not always, serves as a rather neutral background, which is why it's so easy to pair anything with a pair of jeans. White denim brings more to the picture than that and requires far more thought.

In any case, I like the idea in theory and on others, but I am still hesitant to actually wear a pair myself.

i just bought a pair of skinny white jeans & i really like it, it fits great and i think the colour would look amazing with all the summery coloured tops.

i bought the white american apparel jeans about a year ago and i love them! they look and fit great, other than the fact that the front pockets are larger than necessary and show through the front. i might trim them or something but its not really a problem

The other part of this thread is about white denim... at night. What kind of style does it provide for wearing white denim at night?

by my experience with Dior Homme
those are skinnys, not slim.

they are about 17cm at the hem,
and since they have no stretch in them, they are not forgiving.
i have them in black.

i bought my white ones from AA,
they have enough stretch for my moderately big thighs.
i usually wear them with my white slip on vans
or a pair of converse;
a simple t-shirt, and for the winter i layer a white long sleeve undershirt underneath. i have received positive and negative feedback. Usually Hispanic girls, (which i deal with all the time since i'm latino) don't care for them. they give me this :blink: look. a definite no-no in the Hispanic community for a man to wear white jeans, and SKINNY at that, they must think i'm gay or something, but i don't care. :P they're ghetto anyways, what do they know about fashion.

at night, i have worn them too, i will throw on a jacket or even a blazer,
a t-shirt and my white repettos shoes. B)
that's usually when i get the positive reception.

White denim?
Where I live there are so many 'Social Groups' that I would be immediately classed under one of them instead of having my own personality if I were to wear them. God knows which one. Indy? Possibly?

:huh:

Really?? I suppose the indy kids take everything! lol
I hardly see any white jeans worn today.. But I have to say I got myself a pair from AA and am in loveeeeeeee. clean and crisp

Ive been there & done the whole white jeans & white jeans jacket. :lol:

The years ago I got a pair of white slim cut Earl jeans but they got ruined from being packed away.

Now Im unsure about them... I keep going back & forth on them. I know one thing... if I get a pair & dont want to put a lot of money into them.

I would love to see some more pics in this thread. :flower:

i was just mentioning this the other day in the 'dare to wear' thread...things you'd love to wear but don't dare....:P. i just don't think i can pull it off...but i love it...i think white jeans (not too tight but straight leg, for example) would look really nice with neutral, earthy tones....beige, olive, brown, etc....i wish i could find the perfect pair to make me determined to try this...:heart:

some pics...

28ti23t.jpg
2laps94.jpg

i3upae.jpg
20hx84y.jpg

garancedore, celebutopia, elle

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm