Culottes

i saw some at zara last year...i think they'll be around more for fall...i think their time has finally come...

how would you define culottes as opposed to cropped trousers? I think I like them but I'd have to try a pair on. I definately think they look good on other people. not sure if they'd look good on me.

culottes have more volume- they are more like a split skirt...
they seem like they would fit nicely into your wardrobe...

my blk wool pr is from claudie peirlot...from about 4 yrs ago...

Culottes /kju:1nt(s) - pl. n. women's knee-length trousers, cut with very full legs to resemble a skirt.

-Origin C19: Fr., 'knee breeches' (worn by aristocrats, hence the revolutionaries were called 'Sans culottes), dimm. of cul 'rump'.

thank you prince...very accurate description... :flower: :heart:

wait a minute...the revolutionaries were 'sans' (or without) culottes?...well...it makes sense then that the prince would be avec (or with) culottes...

but if i want to bring on the revolution...maybe i shouldn't be championing the uniform of the aristocracy?!?!...

now i'm torn... :o :ermm: :unsure:

prince...what have you done?!?!...

There was one time where I liked them, in a Jennifer Lopez music video she was wearing a pair that were below the knee, with a sailor pant style top (you know with the square button panel) and some stiletto boots and a leather bustier.....I know it sounds wierd but it looked really good.

Her she is.....
play_d12.jpg

gwen stefani wears them too....with adidas wrestling shoes...

i have the yohji/adidas wresting shoes from 2001 and i've been wearing mine like that since then...gwen started doing it right after that...except hers were just regular adidas...

it's very weird when stuff like that happens...it;s like someone got inside your head or something...but it does happen from time to time...

I know what you mean, totally off topic, I got an idea for a skirt, drew it out and I was thining to myself wow this is totalyl not something I've ever seen before, then a few months later I saw the same effect at Giorgio Armani.......anyhoo, I wanna know, is there a difference between gauchos and culottes?

i don't really think so...i just think culottes is a cooler way to say it...maybe gauchos aren't as full as culottes...since they were designed for horseback riding...

originally worn by the gauchos (cowboys) in south america (argentina i believe) on the pampas...

Yeah, I've always wondered because they look very similar, mabye there is no difference, mabye it's just to confuse those who are interested in full cut, cropped trousers.

culottes from chloe f/w 04... :heart:
this is how i wear mine... mine are about 2 inches longer and cover my knee hi boot tops....

except i wear blk boots and blk culottes...
if i wear denim culottes then i wear brn suede boots
i saw a cute pair of grey tweed culottes that i am seriously considering...

:flower: :woot:

oh no........i cant hold it in any longer :sick: bwwwwwwwwwweeeerrr
i really dont like these on any level

i think they are absolutely hideous and unflattering and a crime to humanity

LOL...
no acid...they are UBER-chic... :kiss: :flower:

ai ai ai.....Softie dont do it!
these are only good for one thing......dwarfs

not sure i get the dwarf thing... :unsure:

but i have been wearing these for years...faye dunaway wore them in the famous movie from the seventies where she played a fashion photographer...

'the eyes of laura mars'...you should try renting it sometime...i believe the costumes won an oscar...i know the costume designer did... :wink: :flower:

hmm......
im still not convinced.....you will have to show me personally

you seem to be really trend orientated

part of my job is to predict what the trends will be for the upcoming seasons...if that's what you mean...i'm usually 3 or more seasons ahead of mass marketing...

i think it's fun to sort of feel the vibe in the air and figure out where it's all headed...it's all part of popular culture and human behaviour...a form of anthropology...

hahaha... am i boring you yet>?!?!... :P :wink:

:flower:

:flower: please accept my anthropology
i didnt mean to be quite so rude about them

LOL :lol:
very funny...

no worries sean... i can take it... :wink: :flower:

besides...we are all entitled to our preferences...beauty is in the eye of the beholder right?...
heck...i can't for the life of me understand why some people wear the things they do...but they seem to love it...so go figure...
:heart: :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->