Dancer Inspired Styles

I recently came across a lovely editorial from the pages of Fashion magazine, + found some behind the scenes pictures and comments from the photoshoot.

Thought it would be the perfect addition to this thread! :heart:

So You Think You Can Dance?
all pictures from fashionmagazine.com

dance1.jpg

dance2.jpg

dance3.jpg

Layered dresses, leggings and cardigans create a wispy, pretty look. We wanted real, everyday clothes in a real setting. My inspirations were Vera Wang and especially Michael Kors. For his spring collection, he was inspired by a dance school located near his new apartment.

dance4.jpg

This clothing worked perfectly in this environment. The colour palette—pinks, greys, blacks—is very ‘of the dance world.

dance6.jpg

We used simple hair so that a strong eye would create a focal point. Her hair was crimped slightly and pulled back—it was done in 30 seconds!

dance9.jpg

I love this style too!! It´s just so... artistic-comfortable!
My friend is a dancer and she always wares the coolest stuff... just many layers and nice colors...

The UO shoes on page 12 are so cute :heart:

I really like all the dance inspired pictures :blush:

lavnin fw 05 was a great collection for dance styles..
everything was so light and pretty, just the right amount of detail and intricacy and having the simple sophistication of a ballerina.. :heart:

Lanvin FW 05. style.com
00050m.jpg
00410m.jpg

00490m.jpg
00440m.jpg

00360m.jpg
00120m.jpg

I am actually surprised that so little attention is paid to dance wear. Clothes and shoes are all about movement, after all :wink: (at least, I would hope so!)

em 692 said:
lavnin fw 05 was a great collection for dance styles..
everything was so light and pretty, just the right amount of detail and intricacy and having the simple sophistication of a ballerina.. :heart:
amazing pickup, em.
you described the collection to a t.

the second dress is so dreamy . . :heart:

The Viktor & Rolf photos and the Lanvin photos :wub:

This thread never fails to instill beauty and a bit of hope into it's viewers.

I lost this thread for awhile...I love dance inspired styles because they're perfect for the body. Dance clothing isn't meant to override the dancer/wearer, but instead enhance the body's movement. It elongates limbs and allows the body to move freely while still being well fit and showing off certain parts, such as the strength of legs that many/most dancers have.

I love the Lanvin dresses, especially the first and third one. It's just amazing that even though the pictures are obviously still, you can stil see the movement in the dresses.

Ballet is one of my main influences when it comes to dressing and choosing things for my wardrobe... :heart:

Sorry these pictures are low quality (no scanner atm), but the ed is too beautiful to not be shown here...

Maxi Germany Nov 07

by me

Don`t yell at me, guys... but don`t you think Victoria`s Secret`s Fall stuff is really dancer inspired?

vs.com

Attachments

• vs1.jpg
    vs1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 13
  • vs2.jpg
    vs2.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 6
  • vs6.jpg
    vs6.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1
  • vs4.jpg