Dancer Inspired Styles

Extremely beautiful! :heart: I just saw a performance of Swan Lake last week. Such amazing beauty in the way they work their wrists. I use ballet in my workouts...although I wish I were a true ballerina! ^_^

nat2.jpg

www.nataliavodianova.net

51825dy.jpg

google images

What a beautiful thread:heart:...

... I thought I would share with you four dance pieces in which you can see the collaboration between dance and fashion from two I hold close to my heart...
... choreographer Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker and designer Dries Van Noten...

Drumming
GetBlob

GetBlob

carmen.demunt.be

Last edited by a moderator:
omg i love all this stuff so pretty, elegant and dainty. i love wrap around tops (i want one in pink and im considering buying an actual ballet one) and the pointe shoes....the pink silk and ribbons oohhh how much i want a pair :wub: . tutus are also mega gorgeous, esp the ones Sweets posted. im considering buying a tutu style skirt but dont think im confident enough to wear it.and i love leaotards. ahhhh, memories of childhood ballet classes, i wish id kept it up but i gave up cos of the teacher. i wish i was 6 again so i could prance down the street in my ballet outfit and noone would think it was strange. Pineapple is good for some of the casual dancewear stuff, and its branched out a little from that and now has some great jeans. it is v.good esp if your pettite as the leg/arm length in clothing is not too long and they also sell XS (which is about a UK size 6) .

A collaboration between belgium designer Tim Van Steenbergen and choreographer Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker for her dance work D’un soir un jour...

A link to fashionweek.be about the designer and the collaboration...

D’un soir un jour
GetBlob

GetBlob

GetBlob

carmen.demunt.be

so beautiful :heart: I love light wrap sweaters and tights/leggings, and beautiful tulle for skirts and dresses. I'm a figure skater so I can certainly appreciate it!

nice thread but its the off-duty dancers that i think look cool. i was thinking about that because of a photo on the sartorialist

Attachments

• TheDancer.jpe
    TheDancer.jpe
    22 KB · Views: 42
How is it possible that I have missed this wonderful thread? So much beauty here :heart:

I feel the same way...I love this look and there are some great, inspiring pictures here. Thanks everyone!

:heart: this thread :woot:

Merle Park (from the ballerina gallery)

Attachments

• park02.jpg
    park02.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 8
  • park05.jpg
    park05.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 7
ahhhh i've been eyeing that dress for eons, but they only have xsmall in the cranberry, not black :-( i want that dress so bad

Anna Molinari,italian designer, I was so happy she did 2005 fashion show all ballerina inspired and this year I guess something ballerina inspired too.:P I love ballet!

Attachments

• Picture 4.50.png
    Picture 4.50.png
    179.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Picture 1.67.png
    Picture 1.67.png
    217.5 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member