Daria Werbowy

iluvjeisa said:
That's a good point - of course feminine doesn't have to mean submissive - and that is exactly what Cavalli is all about. So, paraphrasing Callidora, this is a fantastic set of ads because it conveys the Cavalli spirit from the best possible view point. All the same, the idea of Du as male in that particular pic is very far from my mind - there's something so quintessenitally feminine about Du, although she does look a bit androgynous in her lone pic.

You know, that strategically placed sparkle is a good observation. I was just thinking about Bowie's Heroes video but you're right it's a femme power statement :wink::lol::flower:

well, actually mine was a joke, but for sure in that pic the sparkle looks more as femme power statement than as a target or an object. you certainly don't have women as objects in these ads, but at the same time i wonder what makes their power... money, luxury, brands, cavalli? :huh: and what about women who can't afford all that? :huh: :huh:
thanks, miss dior, for the beautiful new pics. i especially like the first one.:flower:
and kasik6, when there's some doubt about reposting, reposting is always better than not posting! :flower:

During the fall shows I watched the Cavalli video on style.com, and I remember Roberto Cavalli saying that this season the Cavalli woman [pharaphrasing here] is more refined, she's a geisha on the outside but a warrior on the inside. That's what I see that Daria represents here.

And I think it's a great ad message to convey, that Cavalli empowers women. But of course women don't need Cavalli to be empowered, lol.

And I mentioned that Du is masculine more in regards to the clothes, because I think in her initial shot with the guy, she's actually modeling menswear, because that suit certainly wasn't on the female runway. And it's funny because after seeing the Daria pics, now when I look at Du with the guy in that ad, they look almost afraid, or at least wary of what might be lurking out there....

Last edited by a moderator:
At Mcqueen
puma3-2006d.jpg

fashion.at

oh yes! that's cute... you would like to cheer her up! :rolleyes:

another version:

(same source)

Callidora said:
And it's funny because after seeing the Daria pics, now when I look at Du with the guy in that ad, they look almost afraid, or at least wary of what might be lurking out there....

LoL - yeah - and lurking out there is Daria the geisha warrior who came along - with her leathal weapons - the handbag and sparkling crotch - and snapped Du up from the arms of the guy :lol: Well, Cavalli succeeded perfectly to present his vision :heart: I heard there was a dancing shot with both of them - sounds like a happy ending :D

i like it! i want to see the happy ending! :clap:
i'm not that fond of du juan actually, i would have preferred someone else, but i like the idea... more the warrior than the geisha actually.

btw, couldn't be du juan the geisha and daria simply the warrior?

There was like a two page spread about Daria in the Sunday Magazine (of an Australian newspaper). No new photos and just a short interview. I don't have a scanner but if anyone does - please scan! Its a cool spread.

^Can't wait to see this...!

iluvjeisa said:
the handbag and sparkling crotch

I just spit up my orange juice...from laughing so hard.:rofl: :stuart:

Thanks...made my morning!:lol: :flower:

kuba01 said:
There was like a two page spread about Daria in the Sunday Magazine (of an Australian newspaper). No new photos and just a short interview. I don't have a scanner but if anyone does - please scan! Its a cool spread.

is it at least the interview new? :huh:
thanks for telling. :smile:

I don't know, I have doubts about a happy ending....:P

The person who saw the ad (in IT Vogue July) said that the shot was dominated by Daria, and she was once again in a dress, while Du was in a suit of sorts. I can't wait to see it.

if it's in italian vogue, i could even decide to buy it...

Callidora said:
I don't know, I have doubts about a happy ending....:P

The person who saw the ad (in IT Vogue July) said that the shot was dominated by Daria, and she was once again in a dress, while Du was in a suit of sorts. I can't wait to see it.

I said that! lol. Its a two page ad, the scene is much like the others, a dark street. I'm 90% sure that Daria and Du Juan are dancing and Daria is wearing this:
00260m.jpg

source: style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->