David Koma - Designer, Creative Director of David Koma & Blumarine

Why. Just Why. after his REALLY sucsessful stint at Mugler..... 🙃

I have nothing to complain about David, let's see what he can do...

I didn’t know he was still around. I assumed he was one of many LFW designers from 10-15 years ago that just fizzled out once 2020 hit.
Funny enough, his business skyrocketed during the pandemic years. (2020 to 2022) and he recently expanded into shoes, bags and menswear.

The taste level of his eponymous collections, but he's a pretty good technician and there's definitely an attention to detail in his work.

While his Mugler fell flat (the lack of strategy from Clarins was apparent), I think he deserves a second chance with Blumarine.

He should've stuck to designing for Beyonce and insta baddies in Miami. Surprised he's on the top of any recruiting list let alone a "flou feminine" brand like BLUMARINE.

Does he need the money or is it ego?

Last edited:
He should've stuck to designing for Beyonce and insta baddies in Miami. Surprised he's on the top of any recruiting list let alone a "flou feminine" brand like BLUMARINE.

ego..... because BLUMARINE owners are not crazy about pumping money into the brand and Moschino is a the bigger bet for profits.

His brand is one of the few in London that are doing really well, so it's probably ego. I can imagine that his main driver is a desire of prove himself after Mugler. As for Blumarine, they were probably desperate for a creative lead. Remember, Koma is the second creative director in a year, and their third in five years. I do agree that he's an unconventional choice, but I think that he might've been quite high on the list. CEOs don't usually opt for independents, let alone ones based in London, so David Koma's aesthetic must've really resonated with their goals for the brand.
ego..... because BLUMARINE owners are not crazy about pumping money into the brand and Moschino is a the bigger bet for profits.
Blumarine (and Blufin) is a part of Exelite, while Moschino is owned by Aeffe. Two different groups.

David Koma had a presentation for men's fashion week in Milan in june, so maybe they are backing him up on his men's line and grooming him to the italian market so for sure this was signed time ago...yesterday was just the official release....

His brand is one of the few in London that are doing really well, so it's probably ego. I can imagine that his main driver is a desire of prove himself after Mugler. As for Blumarine, they were probably desperate for a creative lead. Remember, Koma is the second creative director in a year, and their third in five years. I do agree that he's an unconventional choice, but I think that he might've been quite high on the list. CEOs don't usually opt for independents, let alone ones based in London, so David Koma's aesthetic must've really resonated with their goals for the brand.

Blumarine (and Blufin) is a part of Exelite, while Moschino is owned by Aeffe. Two different groups.
true true sorry i confused it Alberta Ferretti lol :cry: .....but non the less i know that the brand is tight on budgets

This wouldn't work
His designs are not girly or sweet enough
Yes his high-end hooker look will cross over to the Y2K side but not enough

Olympia Le-Tan would be perfect

I think he’s a perfectly fine choice for Blumarine if they plan on keeping the same direction.

He has more range than Brognano imo.

He has the sense of humor and playfulness for Blumarine.

with that said “high fashion” twitter is annoying.

Funny enough, his appointement is being very well received on HFTwitter:

Lots of them were really big fans of Brognano and really hated Chiapponi.

I cannot stand hftwitter. I have to mute them every time an account is on my FYP🤣

Summary of what hftwitter likes: Daniel Roseberry, Simon Porte Jacquemus, Robert Wun Couture, “Mirror Palais”, Mugler. Basically if you make cuntty clothes they will love you.

Summary of what hftwitter likes: Daniel Roseberry, Simon Porte Jacquemus, Robert Wun Couture, “Mirror Palais”, Mugler. Basically if you make cuntty clothes they will love you.
For full context, Mirror Palais is the poor man's Dilara Findikoglu, which itself, is the poor man's Galliano/Westwood.
not surprised they loved his appointment, its always two dumb b*tches from high fashion twitter telling each other "exactlyyyyy"
This insult revived my soul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1emme2esse2cci
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->