Dazed & Confused March 2009 : Ash & Eliza by Mariano Vivanco

^ AMEN ... especially coming from a 22yrs girl (i'm not that much older ....... lol)

I know I'm only 22. But youth is wasted on the young. Far too much attention has been lavished upon these teens recently in the magazines. Fed up of it. It's the hypocrisy of it all , "look at this person look how cool they are let's ignore the fact that they spend their weekend coked out."

haha, I'm 21 and I kinda agree. Worst thing is that much of the time, the magazines that I love really make me feel old (which I shouldn't, I'm 21!). I think 14 is the new 20 and 20 is the new... 40 something.

On the other hand, I think it's cool that magazines let the young (and restless) have their voice and say. Most 14 year olds I know are useless brats (no offence to anyone), yet you read about the 14-15-something that have their own clubs and bloody art-galleries (ok, maybe not, but almost). Then you read the blogs of these outlandishly stylish 12-year old, and realize that when I was 12 I wore the most generic things from H&M that my mum probably picked out. Jeez!

But yeah, give the kids a voice, but if you look at i-D they do it but still comes across as mature. I know that Dazed aren't a bunch of teens, so they should be able to portray it better. The main thing that irks me about this issue is that they JUST had the "youths of england"-issue. Now this? C'mon!

I know I know. And i-D is/has gone the same way too.

I think it's the internet or often inherited cool (in the case of those who have famous parents) because when I was 14 no one was ever that cool. What happened to geeky and awkward phases , people can can on the internet and see how to dress what bands to listen to etc Obviously it's not as simple as that though.

are there more editorials in this issue ????

please !

was a review made ? coz i've browsed and saw nothing. blind ? st***ed ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->