Dazed & Confused March 2009 : Ash & Eliza by Mariano Vivanco

That is one horrific ed. Is it trying to be provocative? Because it just looks cheap,dirty and immature. Ick. I just...I'm out of words. Apart from EWWW

The immaturity is the worst thing about it. This editorial only works if you are shocked by the mere sight of a breast or find pantomime style vulgarity edgy.

Last edited by a moderator:
The immaturity is the worst thing about it. This editorial only works if you are shocked by the mere sight of a breast or find pantomime style vulgarity edgy.

I don't know why,maybe it's rabbit in the headlight syndrome,but I just took another look at the photos and you'r absolutely spot on. The last photo is laughable. OMG there's a breast popping out of nowhere. Like what is the point?

so tasteless and badly executed. their attempt to be provocative is laughable, really...

Photo: Matt Irwin
Styling: Nicola Formichetti
Models: Cole Mohr, Alice Dellal, Luke Worrall, Daisy Lowe, Pixie Geldof, Josh Beech

nicolaformichetti.blogspot.com

Last edited by a moderator:
is D&C turning into an london-based Jalouse magazine ?
i like a lot that a magazine has an Image, a line etc.
but this issue is just a Friends issue ... which doesn't interest me at all !
this new UKIcon Nick Cave's son is only missing and it's a total ....

I'm sorry but I don't wanna pay 9€ to see this .... I don't wanna sound like an old jerk, but it's boring to death ...
Formichetti has some talent, right ?! Prove it man, merde ! Do something interesting, creative etc.
Having a magazine as a playground sounds childish ...... Especially at this price ....
I'm not one rich jerks ....

is D&C turning into an london-based Jalouse magazine ?
i like a lot that a magazine has an Image, a line etc.
but this issue is just a Friends issue ... which doesn't interest me at all !
this new UKIcon Nick Cave's son is only missing and it's a total ....

I'm sorry but I don't wanna pay 9€ to see this .... I don't wanna sound like an old jerk, but it's boring to death ...
Formichetti has some talent, right ?! Prove it man, merde ! Do something interesting, creative etc.
Having a magazine as a playground sounds childish ...... Especially at this price ....
I'm not one rich jerks ....

yeah! put Cave Jr right there and i'm up to commit suicide myself:sick:
it's funny how this whole idea doesn't work. it just d-o-e-s-n-o-t. yet Cole looks okay. and he doesn't seem to annoy to death as almost everyone else of this crowd (Daisy's 'i'm gonna shoot you' picture is pretty nice too).
and you hit the right point. i know what Nicola was about with this issue. but the question is... is this what you expect from him (i don't mean the idea itself but a CLASS of it)? betcha don't.:ninja:

I am super excited to see the most annoying famewhoring models and pseudomodels in one magazine! Seven for the price of one!!! Total win!!!

I have been waiting too see more before I give a rating to this thread...but then I saw that editorial....:yuk:

Dear Dazed. I tried SOOO hard to be positive to this, your choice of themes and models this months should have left me ecstatic, and I know that you can do that to me... So, WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU UP TO? I can like the cover, but the rest is just... horrible. WHY!?

I know I'm only 22. But youth is wasted on the young. Far too much attention has been lavished upon these teens recently in the magazines. Fed up of it. It's the hypocrisy of it all , "look at this person look how cool they are let's ignore the fact that they spend their weekend coked out."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->