Dazed & Confused March 2009 : Ash & Eliza by Mariano Vivanco

better colors
Photo: Mariano Vivanco
Styling: Nicola Formichetti

nicolaformichetti.blogspot.com

Ash looks like a young Dave Gahan :heart:
I like this, it has the in-your-faceness of genderbending, the punkgothness that is Dazed and Confused... yum!

This really is awful, nothing about it appeals to me :ermm:

Ash looks like a young Dave Gahan :heart:
I like this, it has the in-your-faceness of genderbending, the punkgothness that is Dazed and Confused... yum!

could you please go further .... ?
i would love to understand the "genderbending-in-your-face" in this ....
because sincerely to me it looks a very shy and commercial story (in its desire to be indie) ..... :innocent:
don't get me wrong (because i think the styling is great) but the story is just .... "well ? what ? go further and push the limits" ....

i've met a "transgender" (girl) recently and sincerely i think (s)he would laugh looking at this !!! :ninja:

Oy vay. I like him.. but I hadn't heard of Eliza and I'm not sure I'm impressed.

the second cover is much better. which one will actually be in stores?
what bothers me is how are they allowed to put nude underage models on the cover?! aren't they both 17?

:sick::yuk:

I can't believe how literal the editorial is. Steven Meisel's "dogging" sooo much more artistic as compared to this.:doh:

I think the second cover is better but both are not my taste.

because sincerely to me it looks a very shy and commercial story (in its desire to be indie) ..... :innocent:
don't get me wrong (because i think the styling is great) but the story is just .... "well ? what ? go further and push the limits" ....

i've met a "transgender" (girl) recently and sincerely i think (s)he would laugh looking at this !!! :ninja:

Berlin :hardhead:

Haven't you heard? Genderbending is the new black & apparently Carine :shifty: will be jumping on the bandwagon in the March Vogue Paris.

Get with it :rofl: :rofl:

OOH! I am really liking the black leather bondage shots. This alternative cover is MUCH better!

Berlin :hardhead:

Haven't you heard? Genderbending is the new black & apparently Carine :shifty: will be jumping on the bandwagon in the March Vogue Paris.

Get with it :rofl: :rofl:

:lol: ...
you know what your sentence now makes this editorial looks sooo clear to me ...
Genderbending is the new black
these people are sooo strong ..... :rolleyes:

omg but Carine already went that way last year with André and even recently when she put him in Une fille, un style ....
why would she follow the train ?! move on carine ....

Ahhh my eyes! There are no words to descirbe that cover apart from who? And EW

the reason this editorial failed to me is because of the fake feeling it has. it doesn't look like real (real people with real clothes and real lives) which, i think, would suit the concept. they left dirty scratches on the backdrop and overphotoshopped Eliza's face. plastic queen in a dirty-punk-goddess halloween costume. same for Ashley. these two don't feel authentic and that, at the end, is what such eds are about. this appeared to be nothing more than a beautiful imitation of ugly trash. pretty non-sense.

:lol: ...
you know what your sentence now makes this editorial looks sooo clear to me ...

these people are sooo strong ..... :rolleyes:

omg but Carine already went that way last year with André and even recently when she put him in Une fille, un style ....
why would she follow the train ?! move on carine ....

I'm sure Carine will do something totally new and innovative as usual. Did you see Iris's haircut? If it's not gender-bending, than it is definitely lesbianism! Or maybe I'm wrong lol. I am just ripe with anticipation and cant help myself! I can't wait to see what the cover/contents look like!

I'm abit torn really. Because on one hand I agree with you, if the point is beeing provocative this could be done way more provocative and more artfully. On the other hand, it has the punk feel of it by "why make this more provocative than it is? Why make silly cotoure-poses when we just want to strike a trashy pose?".

Oh, and yes, I suck at explaining :blush:

I don't really like this one, and as susie_bubble allready mentioned a few pages ago, I almost can't believe this is the real cover for sale.

I guess it's similar to what i-D do when they put alternative covers on their MySpace..... this one is an alternative cover but not actually the real one....

Ah, I don't care. And I wonder who will - to me, it's a very juvenile-looking scenario, and the transgendered thing is as old as Andy Warhol's stuff, the whole idea is so yesteryear, and it's awful when young people are as boring as this.

It's new to them, so I wish them all the best with their magazine work, but someone wake me up when Omahyra enters the room.

As for lesbian haircuts, Ines de la Fressange usually sported a chic short 'do, and she was always portrayed on magazine covers as the epitome of the chic Frenchwoman. I do hope we're not in an era where short hair in the fashion world is now supposed to represent genderbending. If so, I wouldn't like to be the person who explains that to Linda Evangelista.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->