Denim Fanatics

mikeijames

no tom ford, no thanks.
Reaction score
Quote Of The Daily
“Denim is a disease.”

NEW YORK: Monday, March 15, 2004

“When you buy denim, you buy it all. Real denim lovers will have every brand in their wardrobe.”

Denim dudes Chip and Pepper to The Daily at their Bloomingdale’s launch on Saturday.

from fashionweekdaily.com

i just think that is soooo true....what do you think? :unsure:

It is true for me. I love jeans and keep buying different brands that I like.

Alejandro,who is that sassy guy in your avatar :blush: ?

I'm absolutely fanatic about jeans :rolleyes:

I wear denim almost everyday. Call me boring, but nothing looks better on a butt than a nice fitting pair of jeans. :lol:

yes alejandro, who is that sassy guy?

yeah me too. i can't stop buying them. i counted and i have about 50 pairs. but i wear about 6 on a daily basis. my helmut langs, apcs, rogans, vintage levis, guccis and diesels.

Count me in as well. But instead of trying to buy every brand available out there, right now I'm on a mission to collect every single rinse, fabric, and colour in the huge universe known as Helmut Lang jeans :P .

Originally posted by Orochian@Mar 18th, 2004 - 4:29 pm
Count me in as well. But instead of trying to buy every brand available out there, right now I'm on a mission to collect every single rinse, fabric, and colour in the huge universe known as Helmut Lang jeans :P .
I think HL does the best jeans as well. Lately I've realized that Watanabe makes a perfect cut too.

I'm not a jeans fanatic, but I think several pairs is good to have when you don't feel like dressing up.

I missed the best pair of jeans ever! It was Levi's by Watanabe with the gothic purple letter "M" stitched out on one leg - they were truly amazing, but too rich for my pockets.

I also like Hedi's jeans, but I haven't tried those on (I keep hearing that they don't fit anyone). Not that I'm a fan of paying $400 for jeans, though.

how do we feel about black denim...

how about overdye....? :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 18th, 2004 - 4:43 pm

love both!

One of the few things that I love about Margiela is his painted jeans!

Black denim seems to be trying to make a comeback, at least I am seeing new interpretations. It still has a lot of 80's rocker burnout connotations, though, at least in my neck of the woods. You see all these old speedfreak rock guys in black levi's and white sneakers with heavy metal haircuts...

Not sure what you mean by overdye? Example?

Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 18th, 2004 - 4:43 pm

Love both, especially together! :flower:

My favourite pair of pants is a black coated denim by HL....the polyurethane coating gives the fabric almost the appearance of matte leather, but without the discomfort (and expense) of the real thing.

I completely agree with that. I probably own upwards of 70-100 pairs of jeans. I probably wear about 20 pairs of them. I wear jeans almost everyday. Right now I am really into PDC, they fit great, and they are stiff enough to cuff without them falling. I haven't bought a lot of jeans for spring yet, what are we all thinking about white denim? I have like 6 pairs of white jeans from assorted designer/brands (most recently 7 and Earl), but I don't know if the look is a little tired.

i got so many plairs of jeans... and only wear them for a short period since most of them were compulsive buys :wacko:
but every time a new hot denim make comes out i run out and buy at least 2 of them on the spot...

so far though, only a stretch version of "for all mankind" is the ones i love the most and wear all the time :heart:

im still on the outlook for a perfect black pair of jeans...
i had bought one a few years nack. they are stretch EARLs, perfect fit but they are 2 sizes too big now.
i need a 26 and cant find that exact style anywhere :(

Originally posted by MJCouture@Mar 19th, 2004 - 12:21 am
I completely agree with that. I probably own upwards of 70-100 pairs of jeans. I probably wear about 20 pairs of them. I wear jeans almost everyday. Right now I am really into PDC, they fit great, and they are stiff enough to cuff without them falling. I haven't bought a lot of jeans for spring yet, what are we all thinking about white denim? I have like 6 pairs of white jeans from assorted designer/brands (most recently 7 and Earl), but I don't know if the look is a little tired.
actually WHITE is fab for the summer... i just saw one today in CHLOE.
just like the blue highwaisted ones but the difference being that they are low waisted and look sophisiticated.
i got some white stretch EARLS that are absolutely a dream. perfect with any summery outfit :wink:

Originally posted by MJCouture@Mar 18th, 2004 - 6:21 pm
Funny you should mention that. I was *this* close to buying a pair of white boot cut jeans a few days ago, but ultimately resisted because the idea of white denim struck me as a little early 90's. Now, with the right ensemble it'd look perfectly fine, but I didn't feel like taking any risk - plus with that same money I could probably buy something more versatile and, more, shall we say, of the moment.

i love jeans, but i have trouble finding ones that fit casue they are always really baggy, casue i have skinny legs..so i only have about 10 pairs..also i pretty much only wear dark denim, i just dont like light denim...right now im on the hunt for the perfect indigo blue jeans

:heart: :woot: anyone who likes color should check out the grassgreen DOLCE and CHLOE jeans :woot:

has anyone heard of a brand called vintage? i really want a pair of their jeans. they are extremely hard to find.

does anyone know where i can get old gucci jeans? frome the 99 or 00 collections?

i like a variey of colored jeans. i love my grey hl's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->