Designers Switching Houses & Moving to New Brands

I don’t understand why the press never mentions that his partner is deputy CEO of Lanvin, which is part of the same group of Sergio Rossi.

This definitely feels like nepotism as it’s not like his ideas are super in demand vs someone like shoe designer Nina Christen who is on the top of recruiting lists for designing successful products for The Row and Loewe.

Not a huge brand by any means but sad to see Paul Helbers leave the up-and-coming brand Fforme.

I don’t understand why the press never mentions that his partner is deputy CEO of Lanvin, which is part of the same group of Sergio Rossi.

This definitely feels like nepotism as it’s not like his ideas are super in demand vs someone like shoe designer Nina Christen who is on the top of recruiting lists for designing successful products for The Row and Loewe.
Can they afford her lol
He may not be that expensive for them. Sergio Rossi, much like Roger Vivier has been a mess for quite some times anyway.

He was terrible at Ferragamo. Surely there is new talent out there that does shoes. He already has his brand, let someone else do it.
His brand has barely made a blip since he relaunched. He’s clearly trying to transition back to another heritage house to deliver more mediocre shoes.

Nina must be the issue as Laura Vazquez left last year.
Agreed. Nina is definitely the issue lol.
It's definitely Nina Khosla and I think that it's due to an ego issue.

An overwhelming majority of the press on the brand is centered heavily on the skills and creative vision Paul Helbers brought to the brand. Nina Khosla comes from the tech industry where the CEO is framed as the genius behind the company.

Frances Howie (formerly of Lanvin and Stella McCartney) is his successor. They're pulling the whole "woman-for-women" schtick in the announcement, but I think that she'll have to design in Helbers' shadow to avoid alienating their customers.

It's definitely Nina Khosla and I think that it's due to an ego issue.

An overwhelming majority of the press on the brand is centered heavily on the skills and creative vision Paul Helbers brought to the brand. Nina Khosla comes from the tech industry where the CEO is framed as the genius behind the company.
It’s a huge power imbalance for any designer or other cofounder because it’s her money behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petra kyzlikova evans
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->