Designers Switching Houses & Moving to New Brands

Me neither. The only other brand I'd place him at has been taken by another designer. Maybe image director of Chanel.

Pucci has been doing well in the past few years, Kenzo not so much.
Vacarello is more an image director than an fashion designer, could take over Charles Helleu at Chanel, who has not the talent of his father

Well it’s only 3rd of October…

Celine
Out: Hedi Slimane
In: Michael Rider

Missoni
Out: Filippo Grazioli
In: Alberto Caliri

It seems to me tenure of average CD is getting shorter and shorter 🥴

pierpaolo to fendi

jw to dior

If the suits from Gucci are smart, they would hire MGC to “save” that mess

lol Fashion never invented nepotism but perfected it. You should see the girls «interning » there, or at Dior and Hermès. Almost exclusively : nobility or billionaires’ daughters or from someone already working there.
Wow! Do they suppose that just because someone is nobility/billionaire they have talent 'ingrained' in their genes? And then they blame all the mediocrity in the fashion industry on the relatively few minority people hired through DEI. :wacko::ermm: Vile.

Since when hiring MCG saved any mess?
Go ask Delphine Arnault and Pietro Beccari. Under MGC:
- Book tote released: probably the best seller of the brand nowadays
- J'adior slingbacks released: huge commercial success
- Lady DJoy bag released: made Lady Dior bag desiderable to the young masses (was perceived as a granny formal bag back in the days)
- Dior slides with toile de jour print released: huge commercial success
- Saddle revival: huge commercial success
- Haute couture profits skyrocketed
- Ready to wear profits skyrocketed: basic people who don't wanna look like drag queens (wearing Galliano) or quirky intellectuals (wearing Raf Simons) are obsessed with her basic designs.

Remember the world is filled with people with little or even no taste who buy high fashion just to flex the designer tag, MGC is the perfect designer for them.

Fair point @FashionPower! But what you’ve pointed out is that MCG has a great bag designers in her team not necessarily that she is a good designer herself. Her HC skyrocketed largely due to repetitiveness of the same silhouettes inspired by Greco-Roman culture. Her at Gucci might be just a slight improvement as she is as basic in ready to wear as SdS.

Wow! Do they suppose that just because someone is nobility/billionaire they have talent 'ingrained' in their genes? And then they blame all the mediocrity in the fashion industry on the relatively few minority people hired through DEI. :wacko::ermm: Vile.
Of course. I remember a big manager at one of the biggest maisons only hiring people coming <<d’une bonne famille>>.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lukebears
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->