Designers Switching Houses & Moving to New Brands

Honestly i don't see Hedi at Armani tragic maybe only for Emporio? Armani have so many categories that Hedi's control freak could unleash wildly lol
Why not! And what about Tisci at CK Calvin Klein while we're at it!

Miss Tweed said PPP is going to Fendi. I think it's a major mistake. His Valentino was super hard for retail stores and very hard to sell... And he is very insipid as a designer. I don't hate him by any mean, but he is just pure meh.

Armani is one of the worst managed houses ever... It's run like your around the corner grocery store. Emporio Armani is beyond cheap. I doubt Hedi is going there, but who knows. If that's the case, he will have to cancel AX and EA, which are the lines that actually make the money for them. Also, they are so dependent on wholesale... I don't know if that could work.
I really don’t think AX or EA make money, the one EA store I know is always empty. They certainly earn much more daily with the Armani Caffe next door.
It’s probably the L’Oreal royalties, and to a lesser extent the hospitality division, which subsidize the losses everywhere else.
They can probably gut AX and EA if they up their accessories game at Giorgio Armani, the bags there are non-existent.
Plus Hedi would have a nice field day at Armani Casa.

Why not! And what about Tisci at CK Calvin Klein while we're at it!
i think he would go only somewhere big like armani or versace. not sure he would consider ck at all. neither do i think ck has that kind of money for a cd. He can go to louis vuitton once ghesquire goes to chanel. Pharrel and tisci in the same house would be a hypebeast dream. While keeping their made to order rtw desirable.

I still think replacing him at burberry was a mistake... i still see his burberry around

IMO Galliano for Chanel is not a bad idea. He is perfect in useing codes of the certain brand and creating a new fresh things. Chanel is quite the same in years. He could bring a breath of fresh air to it. The new way of creativity. Other designer will do the same old stuff with a young/LA/t-shirt approach.

Someone else mentioned it in another thread, but I would looooove to see Stefano Pilati go to Jil Sander!

I remember when he started this minimal streak of collections with Fall 2007 (still one I dream of to this day :crush:), and continued through Fall 2009, if he tapped into that side of his design I could see it being something along the lines of what Raf was designing for the house his first few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lofo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->