Dior Autumn 2004 Off The Runway

Another example of the reality of selling clothing. None of those things are half *** exciting as the stuff from the runway. And they are the things that will sell.

I was just emailed another one:
033.jpg

I think I much prefer the over-done glamour and scariness of the runway styles. I understand that many of those things wouldn't sell, or they wouldn't sell in as much quantity as the plainer designs, but I can't help what appeals to me.

At first, none of the above appealed to me, but the more I look at the pictures, about half of the styles are growing on me. The first outfit is very updated, modern school girl with great heels. You can't fight with great heels. :blush:

The sheer ruffled blouses are really striking me the wrong way. They look so cheap and ugly. Paired with the leopard pants, it's just frightening in a way. :eek:

Nor do I like that plastic trenchcoat. It doesn't look very moveable. If you want a plastic piece of rainwear, I'm sure your local amusement park has them in a multitude of colors for under $5.

The outfit in picture 6 is put together so well. Metallics are making a comeback this season, and the gold is "Wow!" without being overdone and tacky. The skirt is gorgeous and flattering as heck. :wub:

Dress #7 is also pretty, but I think Ms. Model needed an undergarment. :o

Also, did anyone notice that the heels that are with the black dress look as if they are about to break??!

I love Dior, but some of the pics from the show look kind of dowdy if you will...Maybe it's just me, but that is how some of the outfits seem :flower:

i still love all of this stuff, minus that clear plastic trench. i am really happy to see that the chaos on the runway was once again successfully transitioned into gorgeous, wearable, marketable garments and i know that i am definitely going to be purchasing more than a few of these... and i honestly cannot wait to see what else is in store for us! there is so much more that isn't shown in these photos, like the gorgeous low-waisted belted 1920's inspired dresses...

were any of the direct-from-runway pieces shown at this trunk show?

another thing i noticed is that the models are totally not wearing the runway shoes at all. i figured that no one but gwen stefani would want them anyhow since they aren't exactly the most flattering shoes in the world, plus the addition of their ridiculously high price points..... i don't know. i still kind of want the leopard-print high heeled ones, though.

:ninja:

Originally posted by chanel_girl@Jun 5th, 2004 - 7:31 pm
I was just emailed another one:
033.jpg
i LOVE that!! :wub:
cute little pencil skirt suits like that are totally my thing :blush:

:neutral: Same old, same old (i.e. the bias gown and the semi-cowl one). Nothing much exciting the rest.

Thanks for posting, chanel_girl. :flower:

the blouse in #3 in mint is whta my heart is set on :heart:

The plastic trench looks almost exactly like a Prada plastic trench that i have :huh:

tahnk very mcuh fro the pictures :woot:

still not feeling it :rolleyes:

Originally posted by nuiko@Jun 5th, 2004 - 6:07 pm

were any of the direct-from-runway pieces shown at this trunk show?

Yes just one this white silk painted dress...but nobody took a picture of it at the trunk show and the price is about $15,600

Originally posted by nuiko@Jun 5th, 2004 - 1:56 pm
i knew john could do it :smile:
...making sense of the horror shown on the runway has always been his forte.

i really want that sheer top in #5 and the skirt in #6!!! :buzz:
the coat in #4 is insane. it reminds me of the trompe l'oeil coat trimmed in black that prada did not too long ago...
the gown in #8 is gorgeous as well.
i cannot wait to see the rest of the collection in stores!! :bounce:
YES!! :buzz:

i love it all :stuart:

.....except for the clear trench. what the hell was john galliano thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->