Dior Autumn 2004 Off The Runway

speaking of galiano's early work for his own label...

a dream in white............................................................... :heart: :wub:
photographed by patrick demarchelier for harper's bazaar in circa 1993...when they were both still good... :innocent:

I loved the collection that was shown in a beautiful parisian apartment which had the geisha theme. was that not his first collection after he was nearly bankrupted?

Originally posted by helena@Jun 17th, 2004 - 11:19 am
I loved the collection that was shown in a beautiful parisian apartment which had the geisha theme. was that not his first collection after he was nearly bankrupted?
i remember that now....he only showed about 15-16 looks if i remember correctly...that was lovely...i remember a very very short kimono dress....mmmmmmmm................ :crush:

yes did kate moss not wear the really short dress? I really loved that collection. the colours were so clean.

so - whats your take on John Galliano - do you like it? I was in his shop in paris in March & I just thought it was all terrible. like i said though, I think i am too austere for all that frilly/coloured/patterned stuff ...don't you think the bias cut thing is so over-rated - I look like a hippo in bias cut clothes....

ah yes...kate in the kimono... :P

i still think he does red carpet/black tie briliiantly ...all the colours and ruffles and STUFF are not for me...but i don't think i'm his target market...i think it's more like oil money... it's very flashy and showy aso if you're trying to attract attention...that purple leopard dress will do it...

it makes me want to shield my eyes from the glare ... B)

and i really just hate what he did to christian dior as a brand name...it stands for something completley different now...over-the-top excess...i think if versace were still alive...they'd be fighting over the same customer...

:P :innocent:

and ps...i can't do bias cut...but i've seen women turn into a different person when they put on a bias cut skirt or dress...especially if you have extra curves...truly astonishing...

its funny that you mention oil money as i live in 'the oil capital of europe' - so many women here dress in that overtly glam style. thats why they think i look like a frump!!! :lol:

I agree with you about Dior but thats a whole different topic isn't it? At the end of the day its not about continuing the integrity of a house its just about exploiting a brand that can generate incredible return on the investment. money makes the world go round....its a real shame i think. Do you think that the oil wives of bagdhad will be sporting their dior golf bags soon? :lol: theres an irony in there somewhere.... :shock:

Originally posted by helena@Jun 17th, 2004 - 12:54 pm
. Do you think that the oil wives of bagdhad will be sporting their dior golf bags soon? :lol: theres an irony in there somewhere.... :shock:
i do think that those middle eastern countries are the market for dior golf...as well as asia...golf is HUGE in asia... B)

:innocent: ...john seems to know his customer...

Originally posted by softgrey+Jun 17th, 2004 - 11:32 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ Jun 17th, 2004 - 11:32 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-helena@Jun 17th, 2004 - 11:19 am
i remember that now....he only showed about 15-16 looks if i remember correctly...that was lovely...i remember a very very short kimono dress....mmmmmmmm................ :crush: [/b][/quote]
I remember seeing that collection on some fashion t.v. show.....it was great.

But in regards to this collection, not my favorite. I'm not saying I don't like Galliano's current work, I just did not like this Dior collection at all. It was too campy, too tacky looking, very much like something you could find in Hot Topic, kind of neo-swinger lounge act of the 50's. I just didn't like it, it looked cheap, totally took away from the fact that Galliano does have talent, and some of the coats with the massive collars would have been great had it not been for the campiness of the theme. Ah well, I can only hope he does something great for the upcoming couture, I'm hoping for something either extravagant and intracate like his last one or the Russian couture collection of 02, or something that's more classic Galliano like his "Dance" collection for last fall's couture. Personally I think a good theme for him after his last ready to wear collection would be to kind of recreate some of Dior's most famous pieces, for instance, take the "Junon" ball gown of 57(?) but he could totally deconstruct and reconstruct it, give it new proportions, a new silhouette, a new color palette, but still make it look like it could have been the original one cut to pieces and remade........just a thought :innocent:

quote spike...Personally I think a good theme for him after his last ready to wear collection would be to kind of recreate some of Dior's most famous pieces, for instance, take the "Junon" ball gown of 57(?) but he could totally deconstruct and reconstruct it, give it new proportions, a new silhouette, a new color palette, but still make it look like it could have been the original one cut to pieces and remade........just a thought :innocent: [/QUOTE]

that sounds like it would be more up marc jacob's alley...that's his whole thing...buying vintage pieces ...or even vintage patterns and then re-draping them to make a more contemporary silhouette...i know people who work there...that is exactly what they do...

hopefully galliano is a bit more creative than that... :innocent: :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 17th, 2004 - 3:40 pm
that sounds like it would be more up marc jacob's alley...that's his whole thing...buying vintage pieces ...or even vintage patterns and then re-draping them to make a more contemporary silhouette...i know people who work there...that is exactly what they do...

hopefully galliano is a bit more creative than that... :innocent: :flower:
I like the idea more to see how he would interpret Mr. Dior's designs, it's not cause I think it would be the most creative thing to do, more out of my personal curiosity :blush: I do think Galliano has more vision then that, that's why I like him. Sorry if my post was misleading :flower:

Just a queation about this:

Were there outfits translated from the one's we saw on the runway looking like this, this, this and this?

00290f.jpg
00470f.jpg

00490f.jpg
00480f.jpg

So basically the big coats, the Elvis-outfits, the glittery pants on the first model and the big dresses???

I saw a fashion spread in what I think is the current issue if I-D (or maybe it was V? I am not sure) It had the translated version of the gold snake skin jacket and animal print dress.......and it looks frigging amazing!

the pieces that are going into the boutiques are SO gorgeous! judging from the runway show you'd never guess this, but actually a lot of the pieces fit in perfectly fine with the upcoming 'ladylike'/'professional' trends... i am so in love!

p10570920_ph_hero.jpg
p10571050_ph_hero.jpg

:o :wub:
isn't that gray one on the right, the jacket that you bought??

Originally posted by Mutterlein@Jul 5 2004, 02:47 AM
I saw a fashion spread in what I think is the current issue if I-D (or maybe it was V? I am not sure) It had the translated version of the gold snake skin jacket and animal print dress.......and it looks frigging amazing!
[snapback]305405[/snapback]​

I think that was the July issue of W, no? In an editorial called "Blast" with Raquel Zimmerman. You're right, the jacket and dress were absolutely incredible and jaw-dropping.

We also have seen some other stuff too on ANTM1 Elyse in a Hongkong Apple Day News Paper....: :heart:

Elyse4.jpg

Elyse5.jpg

Elyse6.jpg

Elyse1.jpg

Elyse7.jpg

Elyse8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
modeket