Discussion: The State of Kering

It's a international sport to trash Hedi´s work :-) so i don't measure the his merits by popular critic like the last show for me was heaven 1980´s trashy redone to the highest HC vibe it's in my top liked shows same Dior by Raf first HC show so precise, i can still watch it every year and it still cool to me both shows had this heightened feeling.
Hedi did good shows, he has a precise vision and is fabulous menswear and creative director but tbh, from all the praises we had about his work prior to him venturing to womenswear, discovering what womenswear actually looked like from him was probably the biggest disappointment I have ever had in fashion.
And to add injury to insult, I was appalled by how unrelated to YSL his work was. I don’t think he understands the YSL woman at all but his genius is that he is so strong in his presentation that it becomes believable.

The Celine woman and the YSL woman are drastically different in terms of pure core aesthetic. Somehow it all seems related under the umbrella of « Bourgeoisie » and the layer of Hedi’s work.
But I still think he is not a great womenswear designer.

Last August Kering bought 49% share of Vhernier, I wonder what happened after....Richemont just got it.

Last August Kering bought 49% share of Vhernier, I wonder what happened after....Richemont just got it.
Vhernier is in direct competition with Pomellato... Stylistically and same market...
Edit : Pomellato being a Kering brand since 2013... I just assume Kering wanted to avoid a take-over by LVMH so they snatched it first before selling to a less threatening conglomerate.

Kering deputy CEO Francesca Bellettini in conversation with Jo Ellison

Tbh, she is quite a powerhouse! You could just drink her words as she is aware of her environment.
I like how fairly honest she is even though I think the Gucci question is more complex than « brand elevation ».

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->