Discussion: The State of Kering

Because they are much smaller and not so many divisions, Kering is luxury fashion & leather goods only, while half of LVMH is jewelry (Bulgari, Tiffany's), distribution, alcohol, watches too.
They provide datas by sector (alcohol, jewelry, fashion and leather) but not by single brands.
It's not because they are bigger, even Kering don't disclose all the brands but the most important ones.
Lvmh don't do it so they can get away with lower quality of earnings and no margins disclosure. That's because they do several hidden sales promotions on selected items and locations hence diluting brands.

The faith they have in Sabato de Sarno and the turnaround of Gucci is getting quite ridiculous at this point. I don't know what more proof they need that it's just not going to work?

His contract is either airtight or they are waiting for a free agent because no other explanation makes sense.

My thoughts: we are going to have Sabato at least two years.
Replacing him now would send the information that Gucci is a mess. That would be fatal.
Remember those two years at Lanvin after Alber was fired, with Bouchra coming in, then quitting, then another guy, then...?
Would you invest in such a chaos?

Keep Sabato. Surround him with efficient, clever, focused, top professionals.
Gucci is right now like a historical protected building. Do whatever you want inside but don't touch the fassade.

The imperial phase at Balenciaga had Nicolas at the helm, but let's not forget that Bouchra Jarrar, Charlotte Chesnais, Antonin Tron, Julien Dossena, Bruno Sailleli, Pierre Hardy... were working with him.
A talented team can do wonders.

As I see it, it is either that or more musical chairs, more confusion, more insecurity and more struggle.
And Gucci struggling is... sad.

My thoughts: we are going to have Sabato at least two years.
Replacing him now would send the information that Gucci is a mess. That would be fatal.
Remember those two years at Lanvin after Alber was fired, with Bouchra coming in, then quitting, then another guy, then...?
Would you invest in such a chaos?

Keep Sabato. Surround him with efficient, clever, focused, top professionals.
Gucci is right now like a historical protected building. Do whatever you want inside but don't touch the fassade.

The imperial phase at Balenciaga had Nicolas at the helm, but let's not forget that Bouchra Jarrar, Charlotte Chesnais, Antonin Tron, Julien Dossena, Bruno Sailleli, Pierre Hardy... were working with him.
A talented team can do wonders.

As I see it, it is either that or more musical chairs, more confusion, more insecurity and more struggle.
And Gucci struggling is... sad.
Gucci in its Balenciaga x Wang years :-)

I think from January 2025 first quarter of the year will mark if it will be more of ancora or no more ancora

but i disagree that adding a team around a person like Ancora guy will turn things around to the extent that it will be a successful tenure.

there is no vision!!!!!! no matter who you put there to feed it or maximize it, you see Nicolas continue at LV and is still successful, while the team moved on with lesser success besides P Hardy at Hermes being comfortable.

A creative director has to have a vision that resonates so clear and profoundly to cause a shift in culture or be part of the zeitgeist.

It's like trying to make Philipp Plein become Miuccia Prada by installing a whole crew of designers and art directors and merch & marketing teams in order to have same level outcome.

At a point potential just turns into simply impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disruptivefashion
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->