Do you prefer dressing for summer or winter?

Well... Sometimes summer is way too hot (end of July and August). In this moment I want just one thing - strip off my own skin. I look terrible - dripped in sweat with awful headache... Winter is worse!! I'm freezing!!! I dont't think about my look at all.

So the best time is summer nights and warm autumn days.

I used to think winter but now that it is winter, I have to admit I find it more difficult to wear the pieces I want to wear without feeling like it would be too cold and too uncomfortable. In summer, I can just do it and take off whatever cardigan I may have on whenever needed.
The only things missing are lovely boots and coats. I am a huge fan of coats.

middle of winter
at -5°C and less i wonder how people can be concerned about dressing 'nicely' since i'm mostly just dressing to simply stay warm :lol:

imo layering is kinda bullcrap since after too many layers, it's impossible to move comfortably.

i've never longed more for days when i could just wear a thin cotton jacket over a cardigan for summer nights and be more than just ready to leave the house...

^ right? it's been around -25C here, it's not really about trying to look 'fashionable' but not freezing your behind off...

I think spring and fall are the best seasons to dress nice, at least where I come from. It's not too hot or too cold, and I always feel the most inspired at those seasons as well.

i can totally understand the appeal of fall. you can wear light coats and wrap a scarf around in a really cool and casual way, you can wear boots and layer a bit. that's for temperatures between 5°C and say 15°C. you can dress warmly without having to be afraid you'll catch a cold.

try doing that in real winter and your throat kills you and you're stuck in bed with the flu for a week :lol:

I definitely prefer dressing for the summer because I feel more inspired and it's easier to compliment the outfit with purses, heels, etc.

I spend less time dressing in the winter but that's also because I sort of left myself go. I just wear whatever is warm. I COULD dress nicer but somehow, the cold weather makes me feel lethargic (hibernating animals must be onto something! :wink:) And pretty little handbags just don't really go with stompy winter boots!

Im going to go slap bang in the middle and say autumn, i like wearing enough clothes to call it an outfit and be able to show this off with out hiding under a coat or hundreds layers, but I dont like summer when lets face it you dont wear much. I always find autumn/winter collections more adventurist and exciting then spring/summer collections as well.

Fall. I like how I can still wear bare legs with skirts and short, but also how I can throw on a cardigan or blazer.

I agree that it's nice more goes in spring and fall. I really enjoy shopping for all seasons though. I think spring/summer stuff can be really fun, but I also love beautiful coats/jackets/boots. If I have to choose, I think I prefer summer. It's when I feel most alive and have most time to shop.

I like all 4 seasons and think it is very important to dress according to the season.
I enjoy planning and rearranging my closets, buying some new clothes and getting ready for a new season.

Anything but winter. I hate layering, wearing big sweaters all the time, having my coat on all day long,..the period from November to March is just awful.
I noticed that people dress a lot more nicely when it's warm, I do too. I don't like when it's boiling though but something like 25° is fine.

so summer FTW ! (plus autumn and spring)

This should be a poll!...

Personally I love Autumn and Winter, but I like spring too!... Summer... well... not so much!

Autumn because I can still wear t-shirts but I'm free to wear scarfs, boots and coats. Because it's colder but not too cold, and it rains! Lots of light leather jackets! And gloves!

The rain is also valid for Spring... I love those showers! I can wear trench coats but I can dress lightly underneath. And then when Summer approaches it's time to show some skin, and I can drive my Vespa without the windshield and feel the warm air, but I can still wear leather jackets at night.

Summer is just dreadful! Too hot to be stylish!... We're stripped to the bare essentials! It's nice to wear shorts and tank tops... show off sun kissed skin!... but when it gets too hot it's just not comfortable to wear anything! I'm from Portugal, the temperatures get really high in the Summer! I like it only at night when the temperature drops a few ºC and I can have a Caipirinha at the beach or by the river, and then go out. People are usually more lighthearted and joyful, so somehow it balances the uncomfortable hot days.

Winter is when I can wear layer upon layer of clothing! Boots! Coats! Gloves! It's just cozy! And incredibly stylish if one wants to... But then again, I'm from Portugal, so only a couple of weeks between December and January are extremely cold (0 to 5ºC), still, mostly sunny! I just love it! People tend to dress up, and some women specifically wear really stylish clothes underneath the bulky fur coats! On the other hand, some people just can't dress for winter and it's an embarrassing sight!...

Last edited by a moderator:
winter, hands down. As a guy I find it's that much easier to look nice and be comfortable in winter than it is in summer. autumn and spring strike a nice balance too but yeah, outerwear for life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->