How do you wear pink?

aris

Reaction score
I'm in Europe. We generally do not wear pink in the winter. I was in LA this fall and I got caught in the pink "wave" there. One see a lot of pink around and the climate is kind of appropriate for pink, so I bought light pink Ralph Lauren wool sweater; Pink and white stripe polo shirt; light pink cashmere cardigan and bright pink/purple cashmere sweater. They all look so appropriate there. Now I do not dare to wear them. Most of my winter clothes are black with some white, beige - and that's it. In general I do not like the light denim pink combo, nor black - pink combo . How else I could incorporate the pink in my colors?

I agree, pink is hard to wear. You didn't specify what shade of pink...salmon, bubblegum, antique, etc. and I think it makes a difference. It also depends on your own coloring.

Very generally speaking, for myself, I like more subdued pinks w/various warm browns the best.

What do you mean by "climate is kind of appropriate for pink"?
I've never heard about this before, but sounds interesting. :smile:

I don't wear pink over my coat, so on the street it's not visible at all, but i like wearing shirts in pale, less eye-catching shades of pink usually with brown skirts. Mmm...ok, there is a little pink on my scarf, but it doesn't count. :P

I think you must find how much pink is still fine and combine it with natural colours or stronger, depends on your skin tone. Light pink makes my pale face looking worse, i always have to add some other colours to offset.

most shades of pink actually go really well with gray. Black in a safe choice too. I try to avoid pairing it with Khaki tones, but grey, black and Denim are good.

Try wearing it with khaki, white and brown. In general anything classy goes great with pink, but stay away from too girly accessories and too short skirts as that might look quite tacky.

I have a Dusty Pink/White striped turteneck that i wear under a black v-neck...

.. the Pink vs. Black combo is great:flower:

I cant wear pink... It dont suit me, I become too girly and childish like barbie...

I wear tons of pink! I love to pair it with camels, greys, and whites. Not a fan of the pink/black combo unless it's a really pale pink. Looks nice with chocolate brown too.

Grey is a really great idea! ^_^ Black/pink i don't like, it reminds me to the late 80s -early 90s disco fashion. :shock:

Navy and pink is often an incredible combination!

i like grey + pink as well. it makes me think of ballerinas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I probably do pink/brown most often as others have mentioned ... pink/grey in years past ... also wear "my" pink with plum (dusty pink).

This may sound tacky, but I like black on pink. I like wearing colors like black, white and dusty pink together.

Pink is one of my core colors, and I wear it in the full spectrum -- ranging from baby pastels to Schiaparelli shocking. IMO, it looks wonderful on most AfAm tones (I'm what you'd call cafe au lait).

I frequently team it up with blacks, grays, browns, creams and whites. In terms of colors, I mix it with green for several reasons, not necessarily as an homage to preppiness.

vintage_princess said:
This may sound tacky, but I like black on pink. I like wearing colors like black, white and dusty pink together.

There are clothes looking tacky on most ppl, but great on me. :blush:
True, as i wrote before, black + pink is a no for me, but it doesn't mean you can't look great wearing these colours. :wink:

i dont wear pink
*apart from a very extra pale dusty pink which reminds me or very pale blush or pinkish powder..
i mix it with grey or greyish brown.. looks also good with black and green,
i mean its so pale, it goes well almost with everything ..

I 'm also not very into pink but I have this über-cool pink t-shirt I bought in Japan and now I'm wearing it with a grey mini skirt ...but it's funny you ask because I was just wondering yesterday... what do I wear on top (cardigan, sweater...), I mean what color? Another grey is too much, so I threw something black over it but that's not really working:unsure:
I don't like jeans +pink, but I also don't like 2 different colors+pink if you know what I mean:huh:

For me :flower:

- gray in all shades is my favorite by far, but also...
- chocolates
- navy, denim
- not straight blk, but blk w/ pinstripes or tiny polka dots or a blk houndstooth.. basically a subtle pattern so the blk isn't so stark
- white in the summer

I've also been playing w/ dusty lighter shades mixed w/ aubergines & purples

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->