Do you prefer dressing for summer or winter?

SUMMER!

I'm a summer girl through and through. Yeah it gets hot, but I still find there are more things to wear in summer.

In winter I have to dress for practicality, and that takes away some of the creativity and enthusiasm I have to put together an exciting outfit.

Besides, you can have hundreds of different top + shirt / top + shorts / dresses options and pieces in summer, but in winter when it's too cold to wear anything but a big warm trenchcoat... how many trenchcoats can you have to change around!?

Winter!

I live by this - You can make yourself warmer but you cannot make yourself cooler easily!

You have more variety in winter - layers, coats, sweaters, boots, tights and loads loads more. You can wear knee high boots in winter but in summer you look like an idiot and/or callgirl. You can wear luxuries like fur and cashmere. There are no risks from poor deodorizing or sweat marks (admit it - you've all had one experience of this as you all have glands!)

But in summer you are so restricted to dresses, minis, vests and t-shirts! The only good thing about summer is a natural tan but I prefer it bottled anyway!

For the moment winter^_^
I wear often skirts with ankle shoes!

For the summer I want to wear dresses every day! But unique dresses are hard to find! I have bought some dresses in the sales...
But now I have to find a pair of shoes that match all the dresses....

I must say: Fall and spring!!You can wear almost every kind of shoes at that time!

i've noticed that it's winter for me.. cuz i love layers and tights and boots and coats too.. i love combining many pieces of clothing together.. plus i love black.. and in summer it's hard to wear.. winter gives more choices.. :heart:

hmmm...there are pros and cons for each season, I like them both. But I have to say F/W wins out, because of the layering possibilities. I love the additional options. But in summer, I really really love being able to wear my favorite tops and dresses without a sweater or coat overtop of them.

Personally I like Fall and Winter clothes better.. I love putting on a pair of cords and a big chunky sweater with some super hot boots... ^_^

Definitely autumn/winter, a decent coat, boots, tights and scarf. Love it.

Spring.
When the sun shines and it's warm enough to wear a dress or skirt, but there's still a breeze so you won't sweat that much. That's (for me) the perfect weather to dress.
It makes me feel more happy and I'll dress better than. I'll put more effort in my outfit than in the winter.
When it's very cold I sometimes don't even care about what I'm wearing, it just has to be warm!

I have no preference as the weather here is cold and wet year round.

I love summer but I'd say I prefer the Winter when it comes to clothes..I love boots and (as others have said) layering.

Winter Winter Winter - proper coats is the main reason for me and I like to wear my mink :wink:

Fall and Spring. Winter is way way too cold here and I usually have to have a big jacket on, thick gloves, chunky scarf/hat you get the deal. I feel like an eskimo most of the time! LOL

Do you prefer winter or summer fashion???

OK its a question that possibly does not fit exctly into this forum... but it does not really anywhere else either?

So what do you prefer... winter or summer fashion???

For me its def winter... I love to wrap up in style in winter... lyer up and mix up my fabrics... I adore wrpping up and am a sucker for scarfs and coats! I love all the nice materils cashmere, merino, angora, tweed, sheepskin, alpaca etc etc... oh and of course fur... adore my winter accessories especially... I just think there is so much more variety and fun to be had with winter fashion... And its soo much more luxurious and just feel you get more for you money in clothes too!

What's your thoughts???

I love winter dressing for the reasons you listed (and knee-high boots)!

But my favorite is summer. I love the simple dresses, bright colors, and loose, drapey fabrics. I'm also a wimp and hate the cold, though.

i looove winter dressing, coats, boots, the materials, pretty much everything ^_^ i'm always a little lost in summer. it's always hard for me dealing with the heat :unsure:

I know exactly what you mean... I never know what to wear as much in the summer and its alwys... or i feel just the same sort of stuff... wee top, skirt or shorts sandles... a few accessories... I dont know just dont dig it...I always end up in summer still wearing a scarf... I just love scarfs... feel they give you a bit of privicy and can sink down into them if needs be... or someone makes you laugh and snigger and you need to hide! Also I dont know... just love the comfort of a scarf... something to push up nd hide behind... and alwys cosy on a cool night...anyone get me with that or am I out on a limb???

Mybe its allot to do with where we live also...

summer fashion for sure..... bright colors and lots of cute dresses hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->