vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score

NOWFASHION.COM

NOWFASHION.COM

NOWFASHION.COM

NOWFASHION.COM

This is the first D&G show I've liked in years!
Loved the grunge, masculine yet sexy vibe. Very dark romance in a way, which I guess having Amy Winehouse tunes as the soundtrack helped setting this mood a lot!

Really cool knitwear pieces as well as those knit oversize bags. Also kind of into those bags with both a shoulder and a belt strap.

I think for them this is a very nice collection. Freed from the overt Italian references they’re much better. It’s very sexy in that 90s way without irony or humor - which to me is refreshing. So many collections these days have messages on a meta level, and this is just what it is.

I think this is what they should be doing.

Pleasantly surprised by the restrained and subdued designs that are very reminiscent of their late-80s charm and romanticism: That image of the Sicilian young, quiet widow in all-black but also the refined corsetry under the huge lush knits. The textures in this collection are supreme. The set and production design is horrendously distracting and drags the romantic vibe down— as does the bloated showing. But at least the themes aren’t so literal with the inclusion of a poor lamb being carried by a model, like they showed with the men’s… (Nothing beats the set design of the all-white runway with the columns in the centre. Then again, nothing compared to their past of Supers walking their shows….)

Now just imagining a campaign for this collection that is as cinematic and full of mood and attitude, and beauty as their early-90s ones. One can dream.

If they managed to lure Meisel back for this season's campaign it would be a miracle, as well as major hit! First D&G collection that's decent in many many years, but no matter how good the clothes look, they'll always be that one problematic and disgusting piece of s*it brand that deserves no love or respect.

I almost feel guilty for liking this because I love a good excessive knitwear collection. This collection can almost make me forget about my D&G ban...Almost!

That being said, as good as it is compared to a lot of what they have showed us over the past decade, it does feel sad and depressing. The cast makes it particularly depressing...
Even Ports1961 had a better cast. And I really doubt they have the sales of D&G.

‘The collection has a real budget restrictions feel.

it's HUGE (!) - would like to see it pared down. but i also like the way the collection restrains itself in a way, and then slowly builds on its own tropes (the lingerie, the roses, etc). it's like "slow burn" dolce. :smile:

Glad to see they followed up their great men’s collection with some more luxurious knits for the ladies.

Still way too many looks though.

I don't know what is going on internally but it affected their creative process in the most positive way. This is a much better improved collection. Perhaps their best collection in a very very long time. There is a real constraint in it. Maybe the focus could have been better and less number of looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->