Dolce & Gabbana S/S 2016 Milan

marcBarna

Reaction score
Dolce-Gabbana-RTW-SS16-Milan-2916-1443364034-bigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

Models taking selfies. Groundbreaking.
It was rather annoying tbh and in this collection well nothing new under the Dolce&Gabbana sun...

i HATE selfies

i hate this

they need a new designer

The clothes are always the same but it's not even surprising anymore. And the selfie idea was quite embarrassing...

Awesome!
Very similar with fall/winter 2015-2016 but this is Dolce&Gabbana,
this collection is odeto Italy, "Ciao Italia" or "Italia is Love"
It's all about Sicily of the first place, than all Italy and of course Family and italian Food.

I like Dolce&Gabbana, can always find some pieces to buy. Depend only of money. Here are too mich what you can combine with or to wear the complet suit, i like this black jacket with roses with trousers.

photo credit: nowfashion.com

Attachments

• dolce.jpg
    dolce.jpg
    440.7 KB · Views: 5
What happened to the edgy, sleek, sexed-up (provocatively), and modern Dolce and Gabbana circa 07-09?? All collections they've done recently are just rehashes of each other since Spring 2010 (with the exception Fall 2012)!

it's always the same but still wearable, celebrities loves this
but the selfie idea is beyond tacky, cellphone brands should erase the frontal camera from their phones so that people won't do it anymore

Well I like the selfie, it's always nice to see good vibes and it adds another point of view on the whole show. However, I don't want it to become an habit :smile: Just once, it's okay.

Same collection. Same styling. Same runway presentation. How many years running now? That whole army finale was cool the first time they did it, but now it's beyond stale. As is everything else about this brand.

It seems as some Maisons are not very interested to design prêt-à-porter collections. Jean Paul Gaultier ins this case did the right "step" , he left Prêt-à-porter to dedicate himself only for Haute Couture.
But same time, Karl Lagerfeld designed always new, "fresh" collections, his *Paris-Salzburg* is very nice, it's what the customers are looking for.

Dolce&Gabbana were shown collection which is similar for fall/winter 2015-2016 and same time is similar, not as "history" or Inspiration" to men collection for summer 2016.
The colours and texture are similar, only one has italian motif print and another chinese motif

Photo credit : vogue.com

Attachments

• similar 2.jpg
    similar 2.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 1
  • similar colours but different prints.jpg
    similar colours but different prints.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 1
Some clothes are really beautiful but i'm bother by the execution of the concept. Dolce & Gabbana has always been about celebrate Italian Culture but now, it's seems like they are just doing the same clothes and changing the prints.
Their last collection was "the mamas" so, it was the same clothes with "mama" embroideries and drawings prints.

Their clothes are good and they are selling well but at this point, you wonder if doing a fashion show is actually needed.

I had so much expectations considering that it was their 30th anniversary collection and how great was their spring 2006.

In 10 years, they have succeeded in changing their image. 10 years ago, they were criticized for being too vulgar and tacky and now, it's because they are boring.

Apart from Donatella, Milan was very bad for big designers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excorp2004
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->