Dolce & Gabbana S/S 2016 Milan

Remember when Dolce & Gabbana show used to be THE show of Milan fashion week? Sexy clothes, big models, stunning venues, A-lister front row...those were the the times.

Are their collections selling like hot pies? I am just trying to find the reason why they are producing the same collection for like 7 years in a row? I appreciate the fact they embrace Italian culture, but the whole Siciliana-Italiana should be stopped. I double-checked vogue runway and they have been coming up with the same inspiration and ideas since 2010, 11 freaking collections about same old. I am so over it:huh:

Although it's practically the same, it's better than their other collections for the past 3-4 years. I see more intricacy and hints of the trademark Dolce with the corsets and lace. However, it's still incredibly tacky.

As soon as the music came on I rolled my eyes... same old sh*t, just a different day.

You can guarantee that the photographers at the show were getting annoyed with the models selfie taking, it was an annoying gimmick that made the already chaotic catwalk unbearable to watch.

I don't get their desire to take the brand in this direction.

Dinner for Dolce & Gabbana

"... the same procedure as last year Stefano? "...." the same procedure as every year, Domenico !"-" Skål"

Doesn't it feel like they're regressing to some sort of child-like state with each season? Before, they were all about sex and dominance and the charicature of a strong, mature woman, and then they just toned it down with each passing season until they got to a state where it's just pink lace dresses with glittery decals saying "I love Mommy" and "I love my country" and taking random selfies with glittery phones. It just adds another layer of weird to this whole mess, doesn't it?

Doesn't it feel like they're regressing to some sort of child-like state with each season? Before, they were all about sex and dominance and the charicature of a strong, mature woman, and then they just toned it down with each passing season until they got to a state where it's just pink lace dresses with glittery decals saying "I love Mommy" and "I love my country" and taking random selfies with glittery phones. It just adds another layer of weird to this whole mess, doesn't it?

:lol::lol:

too accurate

there's usually one item that always catches my eye in stores and I end up buying it tho.

Are their collections selling like hot pies? I am just trying to find the reason why they are producing the same collection for like 7 years in a row? I appreciate the fact they embrace Italian culture, but the whole Siciliana-Italiana should be stopped.

this is not italian culture.

this is a trite, tourist-ready, stereotyped idea of 'italianity' they're selling

and other than boring and stale, it's also offensive. you'd be surprised to know how many italians are beyond annoyed by their 'mafia', reactionary, completely out of touch with reality image of italy.

anyway i too am wondering who the hell is buying this crap. most of the prints on these clothes, especially the first Rome one, you can find for 10 euros in tourists shops all over the country.

Wait, I didn't know Dolce & Gabbana were Italian?!
Not quite as horrific as the MAMA collection but still sickeningly sweet... and just terribly tacky. Not even fun brash tacky, just kitsch vom-inducing cuteness.

this is a trite, tourist-ready, stereotyped idea of 'italianity' they're selling

and other than boring and stale, it's also offensive. you'd be surprised to know how many italians are beyond annoyed by their 'mafia', reactionary, completely out of touch with reality image of italy.

anyway i too am wondering who the hell is buying this crap. most of the prints on these clothes, especially the first Rome one, you can find for 10 euros in tourists shops all over the country.

Absolutely.
Years ago Simona Ventura started to wear D&G and everybody went crazy but when it was...
They doesn't Show their Couture,Alta Moda , in Paris because of their customers. I listened that in summer 2014 one arabian princess saw only 3 first gowns and both tha half of Haute Couture collection. This time when they made Show on Capri, Portofino was this summer, if i don't mistake.

I like some pieces, sure from 90 pieces can sure choose 10 awesome Looks. This year they didn't send any Jeans on the catwalk, it's a pitty, i like their jeans.
Anyway, Dolce&Gabbana is better that Roberto Cavalli by Dundas.
All this cost money, oft the customers have a lot of Money and if they buy every year similar so why not?
It is industry´. Money.
See Cavalli, he must sell his Brand because of Problems with fisco, ha 10 % only.
Diego Della Valle took Fachinetti daughter as creativ director. The bag from Tods costs about 2000 euro!
Looks terrific! It Looks like some leather bag which is yes,made in Italy -still -but costs 50-80 euro.

So bad D&G is not. Yes, same every time but a lot of, a few pieces can choose.
I had been waiting more from Milan, more one Show to wait, Girogio Armani, but to tell the truth, i think we'll see elegant,chic but boring collection. I hope i mistake...

I'm beyond bored of this, taking selfies on the runway doesn't make it any more interesting D&G...

You have to wonder, do they feel any passion for fashion anymore. You'd think that when you're passionate towards something, you want to create something beautiful and interesting and fresh (as vague as that sounds)

this feels more like:
'So, DOmenico, should we have ''sicilian-mamma-italia-rome-pasta''-theme this season? I mean, we have all those leftover designs from last season's ''sicilia-mamma-italia-rome-pizza'' collection.'
'Sure, Stefano. I can't be bothered to think of something different.'

But these must sell well.

Same old same old, and I do miss their provocative 90s collections, but I find some of the clothes really cute *sorrynotsorry*

This is like the greatest hits collection. Some pieces are great but it looks the same

I'm so ready for these two to finish this Italian narrative, its been beat to death. I think I'm done with the label, they don't seem to be changing their direction. Why are people still interested? I'm extremely curious.

or really? well, I guess it's a typical thing in fashion. If we take a look at Russian inspired collections, for example, it also is very cliche and stereotyped, no matter who the designer is (Russian or not). I still enjoy when someone is attracting attention to the country I came from, even if it doesn't reflect the reality 100%.

Does anyone have a clearer idea of how well the company does financially, since it is private and I can not find any data. All I could find out is that in December of unk year it had a loss in the amount of 22.67 M USD on hoovers. I genuinely am interested if they make a lot of money by producing the same stuff over and over again.

They may be too scared and don't want to lose a lot of money and that's why they've been making those clothes for 7 years now. It's like they're afraid of experimenting. But come on, it's not even funny. The whole selfie thing was awful, I was so bored by that show actually. The clothes... I don't even know what to say. I've seen all of this before, nothing's changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->