Dolce & Gabbana F/W 2024.25 Milan

Great atmosphere, strong pang of allure and reminds me some of Valentino Garavani's shows. I just find the collection itself to be incredibly dated and even stuffy looking. The long metallic sheath was horrendous and paired with the flats made it so ghastly and sack like on the poor model.

Wow Natasha should've opened. Best surprise!! She looked AMAZING.

Most of the collection is great but there's definitely a dated feeling all over. The metallics in general were a disaster and what an irony to put Roisin Murphy on the soundtrack (recent controversies).

This is a strong collection from Dolce & Gabbana solely because it is confident and extremely focused!
There’s something that I will always appreciate about designers doing what they know they can do well. Sure, it’s not imaginative and it’s surely not their best collection but the level of confidence we are seeing back in their collections lately is enjoyable. Gone are the awful TikTok/Gen-Z collections.

While watching this, I kept thinking about their FW2004 collection. That collection was very Newton and for some reason, the extreme level of sophistication and the almost caricatural vision of seduction did made me think about Helmut Newton.

I love a strong shoulder but not by D&G. The only pantsuit I have from them is a tweed one from their English countryside 2008 collection and it was a natural shoulder. I think the styling really added something even if it was cliché… And this is maybe where the dated feel come from.
The silver column dress and top, the giant polka dots pieces and the look on Nora Attal should have been edited out!

The tuxedo of Mariacarla, the patent leather coat, their version of Dior’s bar and the feathers on Amber Valletta are perfection.

I really have a Naomi fatigue. Having her close a show has become almost annoying.

It’s funny because when I started to work in the industry, I knew the generation who was fed up with her antics. She barely worked in the early 00’s. She was humbled and return to the grace in the late 00’s, did her rebrand…And now, I’m tired of seeing her.

Eva Herzigova or Miss Poly would have been perfect to close this show!

glad they found their way back to the much needed sexy collections. no one does it better than them

You can tell it’s extremely well made and it screams quality. I guess it’s too much lace for me, though. I would’ve loved to see more leopard prints and looks because they do it so well.

I love that they've known exactly which parts of their brand's identity to trim off and which ones to keep. They've kept all the parts that date well and give room to still experiment with, and which ones to only use sparingly when they need a bit of dazzle.

The opposite of Versace 🤦‍♂️

The only pantsuit I have from them is a tweed one from their English countryside 2008 collection and it was a natural shoulder
Their fw 2008 ( both Men and Women ) are so inspiring. My favourite DG collections all time

Good and sexy collection, just nor for 2020, more like early 00s or late 90s.

Brb, going to throw myself out of the window from seeing Naomi again.

YES, this is everything. It's focused, direct, the mood is right and well made. They wanted to make a collection of tuxedos, jackets, coats, furs and that's what they did. The sheer lingerie compliments them like a template of sexiness.

Casting was great too (ignore Naomi). Almost no boring girls.

This looks I got warped back into the nineties. Insanely dated.
For them it's rather concise tho, but Id rather not talk about these fools in general so I'll stop.
But at the same time, their work in the 90’s was more subtle, less obviously seductive! It has that weird thing of being extremely evocative of their past and almost dated while looking nothing like their past.

It´s like a Helmut Newton editorial...but Newton had a shocking element of surprise, he was not repetitive (exactly what this collection is).

I like it but we need some color! This is the third all-black collection in a row.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swimflom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->