Don't waste your money on...

Let's not forget the elusive maybelline great lash. Any other color besides the clear gel (which is what I use, the clear, that is) is so clumpy. Should be called "clump lash" not great lash. Oh well, good thing my lashes are naturally like 1/2 :smile: an inch long so all I need to use is the clear junk.

Anything that purports to improve your skin. Go to the greengrocers instead. Or if it is worse than that, try alternative medicine.

moisture surge by clinique is good...

MAC liquid eyeliner, worst thing ever

Benefit is bad... I have some of their 'skin' products, but their actual make up is bad in my opinion

jf813 said:
Anything Wet and Wild (except shadows)

Noo I love their Wildshine lipstick. It may not last long, but I love it regardless. Cranberry Shine is a perfect color.

I did however have an allergic reaction to one of their lip glosses today. :innocent:

I was a little ticked off today seeing Neutrogena's seemingly extensive line of sun screens today at Target, but I know that they do not provide protection and are not recomended.

There are plenty of drug store foundations I can't reccomend. Especially Maybelline. It's probably the slimiest I've come across.

There are too many useless products out there. I can't reach back in the garbage and remember them all.

Last edited by a moderator:
The new botanical Cargo lipstick Sephora is carrying. I bought one $20 this weekend and they should call it lip balm or lip tint instead of lipstick. It gives a very sheer tinted shine and any color that was there evaporated within an hour even though no food or drink touched my lips. It comes in a cute flowery package but it just goes to show that ecofriendly makeup still has a long way to go pigment wise.

oh, and Max Factor concealors suck too. They come in like 4 shades: Orange, oranger, even oranger, and orangest.

Anything from Covergirl or maybelline.

They foundations are way too pinky-gray or orange...

^yes! I use alot of covergirl and maybelline as i am broke and can only afford cheap stuff, but i do NOT use their foundations. I use revlon for foundations. Yes, revlon still runs a bit too pink, but not nearly as much as CG or Maybelline. All the CG and Maybelline foundations are indeed too pink (maybelline) and too orange (CG). However, the maybelline purestay powder foudation is okay, but not anything special.

chanel_girl said:
Clinique claryifying lotion 1,2,or 3 whenever I used it it was like someone was setting my face on fire! ech :yuk:

That stuff is horrible! The main ingredient is alcohol.

modelbehavior228 said:
Let's not forget the elusive maybelline great lash. Any other color besides the clear gel (which is what I use, the clear, that is) is so clumpy. Should be called "clump lash" not great lash. Oh well, good thing my lashes are naturally like 1/2 :smile: an inch long so all I need to use is the clear junk.

Okay, I take that back about the colored being crappy. It works with one coat, but one coat ONLY. Anymore and it becomes crappy lash, lol.

FrockRadar8 said:
Anything from Covergirl or maybelline....

i'd normally say that re: CoverGirl - ie. foundations, blushes, eyeshadow etc.

BUT: CoverGirl LashExact, VolumeExact and SuperThickLash are my favourite and HG mascaras.

AND: i LOVE CoverGirl TruShine Lipstick (Mauve 490) and IncrediFull Lipstick (Cocoa Delicious).

i've been really impressed with these products.

marysia7 said:
MAC liquid eyeliner, worst thing ever

b/c i blew my makeup budget for the month on MAC products - i was stuck trying to make MAC LiquidLast eyeliner (in PointBlack) work for me.

It takes a lot of effort and practise, but finally i've figured out a method to make it work: i wipe the brush on the top of the tube so it's flattened, but has enough product so i can make a clean and thin line close to my upper eyelashes. Have to be very very careful with this product. i wouldn't repurchase and plan to return to L'Oreal Lineur Intense.

But ... if your priority is to get a liquid eyeliner that's waterproof, smudgeproof and doesn't budge.. and you're willing to work at it.. i'd recommend it.

i wouldn't waste my money on:

- L'Oreal Voluminous mascara.
- MAC Paint in Structural Brown - gave me an eye-infection even though it was fresh.
- MAC eyeshadow - i found it over-rated and didn't stay like it should.. even with Paint underneath.
- BenNye LiquiSet.
- on the fence re: MAC Pigment - particularly those with Frost finishes. i've found the only way to really apply the stuff is mixed with Murine Natural Tears, but the frost finishes take on a metallic finish.

oh and there's just too much to list!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dianarimar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->