Dress code for people who attend Fashion shows

Am not sure where you will be sitting but unless your front row not too many people will be able to see, although I agree most will know who/what you are wearing. sorry not trying to be a downer, just commenrting. I hope you have a great time and get to see lots of fab clothes :woot:

My idea is to wear something simple like black pants and a black button-down shirt or a black sheath dress with opaque tights and add one big, bold vintage accessory, like a large pendant, earrings, or cuff bracelet.

don't beat yourself on the head trying to figure out what to wear. dress according to your mood, but also dress for fun.

there are no set rules
i mean, think about isabella blow. she's crazy and cocksure about her outfits/hats and she's legendary.

that said, have tons of fun and come back with news!!!

i'm set to attend shows during LA fashion week in january, and will probably model for one designer (just for fun :woot: ...i work with him)

oh ya, i agree with everybody about wearing high heels

Originally posted by Acid@Dec 20th, 2003 - 6:17 pm
2) make sure you look chic.....not freak though. A big star/ editor dressing wacky for a show is one thing......but somebody un-known turning up avant-garde looks very fashion victim

3) smile. remember fashion shows can be extremely pretentious.....so stand out and be HAPPY.

:lol: so true, a smile, a relaxed not-a-big-deal attitude, is the best accessoire of all. Cold looks and posing shows that you certainly do not belong there.

i will not agree with mehg here, people will notice what you wera, if you wear something noticable. All black is too safe and easy, there might be too many black clad people and this can make one feel a bit common while waiting for the show to begin. If you decide on the black look make sure you follow Hboogie's advise and bring the look UP with something noticable, like a great scarf, or a loud accessory.

Vintage is by far the best choice for a unique and decent look attending a show.
as for heels, yes, but make them round toed, with all those spikes around you , you will make a statement and show that you are a step forward :wink:

Beware of the bag, nothing too popular or kitch (like LV & Dior) go for something timeless but interesting.

I trust you will bring us, all inside info and atmosphere from these shows,
have fun :flower:

PS. Those shows are invitation only, you do not pay anything to attend. Just make sure you've got the magic invites.

after the show.....walk backstage where you'll see a few select people going.....pretend its the 'normal' thing to do.....and nobody will ask you for any ID
:lol: :lol: true true

yeah i watch the shows on the style network and the front row are all wearing stilettos.. most people wear black ..from what i have observed

Originally posted by Lena@Dec 21st, 2003 - 10:06 am
i will not agree with mehg here, people will notice what you wera, if you wear something noticable.
I guess I was going from the point of view of a journalist standing squished at the back Lena :P I agree that people will notice, but if you at the back, standing beside people, it's hard to notice what they are wearing

Well I've been to alot of galliano and dior shows [my husband is in the dior couture department] and what I wore to the Dior SS 2004 show was a silk print tank top and a vintage YSL skirt with a Dior bag,so don't wear anything very over the top just wear what you want but don't get carried away :flower:

everybody says all black... but that is just a major bore...
go for something non black... yet not overtly loud....
the pink idea is a nice one... i was thinkin that myself... it is nice to stand out a little... but just not too much.... proportion and balance .... is what you need.... and umm confidence... dont look lost... or too up yourself.... with a fashion show it is not what you wear... but how you look.... and ur body says more than ur clothes in these situations

ive only attended 2 ny seasons but everyone dresses differently.
a lot of people are actually in trainers, all look some what stylish but only the celebs are dressed up really. i love seeing what everyone wears to the shows :blush:

have fun!

I've been to about 25 shows this year. Dressing for them is not THAT big of a deal. Granted, I always liked to look very stylish, but I (a guy) only wore a suit for 2 days and on the days I was sleepy (Fashion Week is exhausting), I wore jeans and blazers, paired up w/ some great shoes to complete my look. I didn't change my look for the shows. I would suggest wearing something that you would wear out if it's late. I ended up at many of the hottest shows w/ last minute invites to after parties right after. Good luck and have great fun. Great people watching and a fun time in general.
Pete

Originally posted by mehg@Dec 23rd, 2003 - 9:54 am
I guess I was going from the point of view of a journalist standing squished at the back Lena :P I agree that people will notice, but if you at the back, standing beside people, it's hard to notice what they are wearing
standing is really a drag, its tiring and rude and should not be accepted at all
i've done this only for Comme Des Garcons, one cannot really see a show standing :wink:

Hi all,

I am not sure if this is the right section to post this topic, but I am interested to know what kind of things does people wear to the fashion shows they are attending???

For example... if I am to attend Dior Homme fashion show, is it kind of cheezy (I think it is) to wear last season what the designer designed. But my dilemma is since I think Dior Homme is the only good label out there.. don't know what else to turn up with different wardrobe.

I am just curious what does people wear.. I am sure it will be a lot of checking out each other as you are in the show...

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

I've always wondered that myself...

I think it would be 'uber chic' to wear perhaps a vintage piece of the designer, but most people wear last season's designs, or rather, the season for which they were designed if it's current.

Or you could just be a rebel and wear another label! :o

Isn't that Jeremy Scott? He did the burqa look a while ago, and he seems to be Isabella's excentric style. The little strip of fabric covering her eyes is brilliant commentary.

Isabella is fearless, I love seeing her outfit's because they're always so incredible and unexpected.

I know that its just fun with fashion, but it is almost irritating to see a woman wear something as such when others on a different part of the planet have fought tooth and nail, and gone through sooo much trial and tribulation to not have to wear one...and to be free from that opression.

I know some people will tell me to lighten up, and I can see where you guys will be coming from on that, because fashion should be fun and rules should be broken now and then....but i think that in this situation, it leans a little too much towards disprespectful. This form of dress is much more a symbol of opression than anything else.
:angry:

Bless her heart. She is so bold and confident that she looks good. Could she even SEE the show correctly immitating a ghost? By the way, which couture show was that? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
ultramarine said:
Would you pull an "Izzie Blow"? and wear this...
yes i would!! :clap:

that was at the f/w 03 couture show, was it not?? i was there :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SebBlack
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->