Dress code for people who attend Fashion shows

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by ultramarine, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

sclYou were?! That was one of my most favorite shows from him! I bet it was even better to sit in the audience! It got me excited just watching the video (lights off to give the effect, lol :blush: )

2. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

maybe it's meant to be ironic though...because it is see-through...therefore not really covering her...??...just a thought... :wink:

3. Plastic'sWife

Plastic'sWife New Member

Arksiel... I totally agree with you! Sometimes fashion gets totally disrepectful towards other cultures.
    For example, in one SATC episode- Carrie was wearing an Ala "sign" as a necklace... I was like what?!
    And then, Britney with her rosary...
    and now this...
    seriously. its like nothing is sacred.

4. SJPdeux

SJPdeux New Member

Did you mean Allah? As in the most high???

5. marrimoda

marrimoda doing it

I suppose she wanted to get people talking...

she was successful.

I find it goofy...I get the burka reference...and Softgrey mentioning that is transparent certainly points to the irony...

Perhaps making a personal artistic statement about philosophical points of view is a little more acceptable at a different venue...but something about showing up at fashion show this way seems to really ridicule some peoples beliefs. I dont really like statement that ridicule. I do value statements that stimulate productive thought and conversation.

6. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

I find it a bit offensive myself, but as others have said before me, nothing's really respected in terms of religion anymore.
    By the way, to answer the original question- I just wear what I like.

7. Plastic'sWife

Plastic'sWife New Member

I probably missplelled it (duh for me),... as in Islam...

My boyf whom is Persian and familiar with the religion and what not, was watching that episode with me.. and pointed it out.

8. Paullw

Paullw New Member

Quite a lot of educated, Muslim women actually want to wear them. It means that they aren't forced to conform to western ideals and western fashions. Its a symbol of religion and modesty to many of them, rather than of oppression.

9. Heroin_Chic

Heroin_Chic New Member

Not only that it`s UGLY - it`s also totally offensive! How the hell can a western woman wear something that arabic women were forced under (under the Taliban)!? :doh:

10. SJPdeux

SJPdeux New Member

Even though born a muslim, i don't read arabic so your b/f as one on me :lol: the good thing is the koran is in like a million languages!

11. JJohnson

JJohnson Active Member

This is an interesting thread..i cant wait until sept! Im gonna look so nice! :D

12. stilettogirl84

stilettogirl84 New Member

She is Crazy as h*ll! But from what I've read she discovered, and helped start out Alexander McQueen, So she is worth keeping around I guess :D

13. JJohnson

JJohnson Active Member

she isnt as bad as that Anne Piagia(sp?) from Italian Vogue. That woman looks like a clown

14. *sayan

*sayan front crow

Imo, fashion people are meant to play around with dress codes, its not a matter of respect or not, its the other side of the coin, the other perspective, Ana piagi, Isabela Blow, Leon Taley, and many others, they carry a message a freedom and power through theyr clothes , and we need them and we love them for that.
    Btw, it is an undercover dress(and she's supporting young designers..well "young")

Also i think the comment about islam women wearing a veil being about modesty and religious beliefs, is very well said. Islam has been really over publicised lately and everything is getting mixed up, veils, burkas, extremists. Its not that simple.

Lena, im sorry to ask, but how the hell did you get in a CdG show?!?

anf for the person going to a show wondering what to wear, believe me, wear anything, if you can pull out a outlandish CdG outfit in the street, theres no reason why you shouldnt wear it at a fashion show, its like the bi-annual gatherings of the clothes freaks, wear anything you want!
    :heart: :heart: :heart:

#54 *sayan, May 8, 2006
    Last edited by moderator : May 8, 2006
  15. Melisande

Melisande Active Member

Absolutely. :heart: And we shouldn't let them do all the work either!

16. punpanichewa

punpanichewa New Member

I've attended Milan's high-profile shows a few times...My dress code was Black Jil Sander A/W2005 / Dior Homme S/S2006 Trench for a key item...the rest was black, sleek and simple...oh don't forget Moleskin notebook!!

17. style_expert

style_expert Well-Known Member

^ don't forget your moleskin notebook:D I always see everyone carrying them. So funny. I prefer to make notes in my Goyard hand painted notebook. When I go to a fashion show, I'm not wearing really special things. Leave that to Anna Piaggi or Isabella Blow! Sometimes I wear the designer clothes when going to his/her show, but never entirely. It makes you look like a walking ad campaign :sick: like at Chanel HC there are always old women totally dressed up in Chanel Couture, like they wear nothing else

JJohnson, which shows are you going to in September??

#57 style_expert, May 9, 2006
    Last edited by moderator GioAna: May 9, 2006
  18. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

as a designer I always try to wear my stuff or at least something creative, there r usually several fashion friendly people or press or even influential pple in the industry and it doesnt hurt to steal some of the shine!

19. JJohnson

JJohnson Active Member

Well Lena is a stylist so she can do that haha

20. JJohnson

JJohnson Active Member

Oh im gonna try: Behnaz Sarapour, Alexandre Herchcovitch, Catherine Malandrino, Chaiken, and Temperley. I hope to go to a few others. I BETTER GET IN! lol :lol: