Dries Van Noten F/W 2020.21 Paris

Dries got gloriously serious and beautifully, hardcore aggressive this time. And not a lick of retro/nostalgia-- just pure modernity.

This brand of kaleidoscopic, jeweltoned Mad Hatter’s frenzy and even more jewel-encrusted texture that supremely out-does OG Yves is masterful in ways that only a vet of the industry like Dries can conjure. And amidst the gorgeous chaos of living colors and beating textures, his signature gentlewoman still reigns effortlessly: Such light and graceful silhouettes. NYC had Marc, Milan had Fendi, and Dries is the one to top in Paris.

Stunning collection. Its the 1920s meets 70s but for the 2020s and without looking retro at all. The shapes are there but the fabrics and treatment are very now. After years of teenage punk bimbos it is great to see the Great Dames and Cruella De Villes come back in full force, sophisticated fashion for grown women.

What's to say, it's just beautiful.

For me, most of the collection was absolutely gorgeous but I'm not a fan of those plaid looks from the first part of the show, especially that look on Maike is just ugly.
I love all of the black/ burgundy combinations, also all of the rich purple/ black combinations towards the end. I need this suit in my closet. Right now. :heart:
And I would have changed the shoes. I didn't like them for S/S nor do I like them now.

it got progressively better near the end.. so good, and happy to see him take a break from his garden, that metallic+gray number is sooo his work in the early 00s. :heart:

Love the fabrics and the look on Adut. The make-up is harsh the green hair can go...

It could have been the most perfect collection without the green hair. PFW is always so exciting !

There are some very beautiful fabrics. Dries has good taste for prints.

Mind-blowingly good! How come he delivers EVERY.SINGLE.SEASON! He's just the best, he's my favorite designer.

A feast for the eyes. Wow. I can't even begin to process everything. What I love is that on a very quick initial view, he's managed to take very contemporary fashion tropes and twist them into his own bright and brash beauty here. Just great!

Damn, I'm so confused. This is the first time in my life where the clothes looks actually better in pictures than motion. It was just... awkward.
I'm gonna take a look tomorrow and decide how I'm feeling about this because I've been feeling so disconnected from your point of view.

I just don’t love Dries anymore.

It’s all so predictable...you know...one hand in pocket, clutching a bag under the other arm, a casually cuffed trouser, an evening dress WITH a men’s coat!

I can’t help but feel like it’s a dated proposition for a total look...it hasn’t evolved really since 2009 fashion week street style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbtina
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->