Dries Van Noten F/W 2024.25 Paris

I think it’s time to replace Nancy Rhode… Some great looks here and there but I feel extremely disappointed after that terrific menswear show. Where’s that effortless and chic attitude from his men collection?

I wanna see the viddddd! Not the best but I am liking it so far! Dear Mr. Van Noten pls make a jacket w Margiela shoulder for men pls I want it.

he is so unique it’s remarkable.
his playfulness with pastels on the first part of the collection is impressive, as it is always his work with colours, then moving forward to earthier, darker tones and to finalise pops of bright pink and lilac! stunning!

maybe the styling was a little too much…

this is the man Miuccia should’ve paired with.

Not as stellar as last season but still head and shoulders better than all the sh!t im seeing in fashionweek

i was holding my breathe for something hideous and it never happened. thank goodness!

i don't mind dries going back to basics - he needed a refresher and did so in a comforting way. this is more of what i was trying to find in BV and never got. aside from his questionable patchwork, DvN speaks to me more. the ease, the approachability, the subtle refinement without being haughty, stuffy, or pretentious. i'm down.

gimma dat purple jacket towards the end. i hope customers respond well to this.

I mean he does but he struggles w connecting to customers. Talking to a stylist friend of mine (diff one than the Gucci ancedote) who said she loves Dries but clients dont get it. She said it only works if you collect it over time. You cant buy a whole wardrobe from one season without seeming a little off. Thats true .. like the peach orange with the green is unwearable for your average rich person.

Otherwise its the usual gorgeous shapes in
Beautiful colorways.

Weird and mixed feelings about this collection.
I do not get it as a collection but I’m absolutely in love with a lot of pieces.
I love that check print! I wish it was more present on the runway show.

I’m intrigued to see how this will develop in the stores.

I mean he does but he struggles w connecting to customers. Talking to a stylist friend of mine (diff one than the Gucci ancedote) who said she loves Dries but clients dont get it. She said it only works if you collect it over time.
This 100%.
I love Dries, but he's hard to 'buy into' at first. He's someone you need to collect a bit before you can incorporate him regularly into your wardrobe.

Get his version of a staple and start from there- get a suit if you can, or a jacket, a knit, and then build from those.

I don't see it as a whole collection, but I love the outerwear. The shoulders are beautiful in this, nice to see a stern, rigorous attention to the area that doesn't equate yo a line-backer 80s power suit abomination.

There's a lot strange styling tricks in here that I can't tell if they're part of the garment, an added thing for the sake of it or an actual accessory. Would be great to see the video, and even details or backstage shots to figure out what is what with all those things. Some of the colours and their combos I'm also not sure if I love to hate it, or hate to love it, or just purely love/hate.

This 100%.
I love Dries, but he's hard to 'buy into' at first. He's someone you need to collect a bit before you can incorporate him regularly into your wardrobe.

Get his version of a staple and start from there- get a suit if you can, or a jacket, a knit, and then build from those.
I started to buy Dries in 2009 after that fabulous SS collection. What sold it to me was the styling and what sold the brand to me was the styling! I think his runway shows were very strong for that!
I must admit that nowadays and for the past few years, because the styling is less sharp, I only go to Dries because I’m used to check on his stuff (and my husband wears his clothes) but I find his collections harder to approach nowadays.

I find it difficult to extract something from his latest collections. There’s colors, volumes, textures, styling tricks…It’s a lot. And Dries is a brand that needs to be experienced in stores too…it’s not an easy grab.

Only one back shot! ☹️ Wish there were more

zGCrhPjW_t.jpg

source: theimpression.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericsalodesign
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->