Dries Van Noten S/S 2020 Paris

Dries van Noten wins fashion week. Hes on a roll, the last 3 collections have been amazing. Last season the colors and prints where so inspiring and insane and this season he just went all out with Lacroix.

Aside from it being completely insane it also shows restraint and wearability. The sweather with the ribbons! beautiful!

This is the most beautiful fashion marriage I have ever seen.

Dries had the best idea to collaborate with Lacroix now, when the '80s trend is stronger than ever. It felt very honest and it was truly a fashion moment with fantastic looks and vivid prints. As a whole it had a couture allure mixed with modern point of view.

Oh, and they literally killed Maria Grazia's Dior with the shocking pink jacket. It was commercial and simple yet so beautiful.

This is what Pierpaolo should’ve done with his RTW collections for Valentino. Dries just schooled him.

This is the real deal. A new range of design language is here to stay with DVN. And I get to experience Lacroix polka dots and baroque colors again. Haven't been taken into a new language of floral patterns in quite a while. Loving the vibe. Love a moment like this.

Absolutely glorious. I'm in awe of how Dries perfectly incorporated the codes of Lacroix into his own ethos. It's wild, it's glamorous, it's sophisticated, it's grand, it's desirable... it's really f*cking incredible. Fashion with a bold and beautiful capital F.

I personally can't stand animal prints so they're all a massive no from me. That said, I do like how he at least tried to camouflage them with other prints, colours and textures, quite clever but I'm still not sold. Other than that, this is quite a spectacular collection, it's like fashion lovers dream.

This is Dries on crack. This is Lacroix at his finest. This is f*cking fabulous! Everything is a dream. It has enough drama yet so many wearable, highly commercial pieces. The color combination and prints stay true to his identity but with Lacroix's creativity, the collaboration offer an honest exciting fashion show. Such a pure beauty. Truly, since he teamed with Puig, his creativity has been unstoppable. It really gives him more time and space to create the collection.

The collection I didn’t know I needed!
FABULOUS!
This is everything...A Fabulous collaboration based on talent and artistry, beyond the hype and opportunism we usually see! And what a fabulous display of humility!
Lacroix is now a successful costume designer but he will always be in our hearts as this gifted Couturier and Dries is the designer we all love! I love that this unexpected pairing is so successful!

Because yes, that’s the magic...
Lacroix’s customer historically is very far from Dries. Lacroix was very American, old France or countries from the south and Dries is the romantic for the rough realities of our big cities...

This is the perfect Mariage of RTW and a certain idea of Couture: A special piece for a special moment but with a sense of practicality but also a very controlled nonchalance...

I also think that Dries has managed to do what Lacroix never managed to do with his RTW. A real success!

I love the Jacquard, The use of feathers, the fabulous military coat in what looks like damassé, the fabulous pouf skirts and the brooches!
Then it goes crescendo and it just beyond! The shocking pink matador Couture Jacket is like a Modern rendition of Schiaparelli but with the practicality of Dries!

This is a lesson to Alessandro Michele or Pierpaolo Piccoli...Yes you can mix many eras, go crazy on your inspiration but still present something full of life and eccentric without using atypical models, props or other theatrics And yes, you can easily translate the spirit of Haute Couture into a soulful Collection that doesn’t look like a line up of clothes!

This is the collection that will light up your everyday life!
My banker is going to have an heart attack because IAM READY!

Ps: I hate the shoes tho...

I need this jacket. I wonder if there would be a size big enough for a man with an athletic build ?

Photo: vogue.com

120E4669-04B8-4D0E-8A89-3A5D48F00BA7.jpeg

Like everyone else here, I'm in awe! This is the collection of the season! Maybe the year...

I need this jacket. I wonder if there would be a size big enough for a man with an athletic build ?

Photo: vogue.com

View attachment 1126337

Dries’s clothes usually goes through size 44 (I think it’s 10 for UK and 12 for US)....But you’ll need to go to the boutique for that...Even if I think that piece is safe enough for the retailers.

This is fashion. This is exactly why I needed. I can't stop thinking about it since I've seen the show.
I'd talk about how glorious the clothes are but I believe that it wont be enough to express how joyful I feel today. The last three looks are out of this planet.
Donatella, THIS is a fashion moment. Maybe it's not the thread to discuss about it but I felt so sad when everyone acted like fools when JLO came out with that dress -although I know she looked absolutely terrific- but today Dries and Lacroix reminded all us what fashion supposed to be. Now the fashion month feels relevant and wait worthy. Thankfully, we have Rick and Comme on the waitlist otherwise we shouldn't even take a look on the other shows. On the other hand, I laughed hard because this is how Valentino should be but Pierpaolo is always failing. I hope he takes some notes.
My two -and stupid- complains? I'd love to see a more elegant shoe on the runway and Julia Nobis would have looked pristine on the last look.

I just wanna say thanks for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->