Dries Van Noten Shoes

brigadeiro: OMG. You are so lucky! I've been looking for those in THAT exact same color. Lucky girl.

Just stopped in to say that I went to try on the heeled sandals with the beaded cuff, and came home with the black version of the shoes luckyme returned instead (which I'm sure are more useful anyway). I couldn't get past how the first pair fastened--I really hated the way they looked from the back, and felt that a cord or ribbon tie would have been so much better. I probably could have done a DIY substitution, but I was not in the mood to screw around :lol: The closure works fine, but looks pretty awful IMO. (It's a very thin leather strap that goes through the cuff and doubles back & buckles.)

Ooh fashionista-ta! Please do share pics with us :wink: They sound gorgeous! And what of the cuff? Was it no good?

^ Unfortunately I am truly awful with pictures--I was hoping you guys would tell me where to find a picture of them online :lol: The side view is the best. The beads are sewn onto the grosgrain with red thread, giving a similar vibe to the other shoe, but much subtler. The silver beads also have a hint of red--there may be a red undercoat.

I liked the cuff, although the red plastic beads were not my favorite. I am very pale & I noticed the red of the cuff had a tendency to highlight imperfections in my skin ... this wouldn't be a problem with darker skin of course.

I feel the shoes I got are very versatile & can be dressed up or down ...

headstartshoes

PS Oh! I was just looking back in the thread & I guess I got the exact same shoes that luckyme returned :lol: This is the lighter version that Barney's had (but not in my size) ... and btw, I am normally an 8 but was 8.5 in all Dries I tried on today. The other thing I meant to mention is that I tried to try on the ones with the metallic straps around the big toe, but I was like Cinderella's stepsister, the shoe wouldn't begin to go onto my foot :rolleyes: So if you want that style, you better have some narrow feet and some skinny toesies ...

I ended up getting my shoes at Neimans, where they were marked up (needlessly, you could say :innocent:). But I did have a really nice SA, which was the most amazing thing :unsure:

Attachments

• dries headstartshoes.jpg
    dries headstartshoes.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 275
sorry not acceptable, WE NEED PICTURES!!! i want to see how you wear them. they are a stunner of a shoe.

I love the white/cream ones posted by fashionista-ta, they are gorgeous.

Last edited by a moderator:
ta-ta, I DEMAND pictures too! Your shoes are too beautiful not to share :wink:
How does the sizing run for the DVN shoes this season? :flower:

^ It's as reported, about half a size small. I sized up half a size in everything ... except the Cinderella shoes :P

OMG Fashionista-ta, the white sandals you posted are breathtaking! I want them so bad but have no money!!! :(

Congrats, fashionista-ta!
I agree - we need pictures. They are so stunning!!

I didn't know NMs carried DVN. What other styles do they have?

^ Let's see ... they had a pretty good selection, half a dozen or more I think? They had the tribal cuff, and the same shoe with the metallic straps at the toe as Barney's (the Cinderella shoe), and then of course the one I got. And after that I'm not sure ... they may have had the metallic pump. They don't have any Dries on their website, so can't check there ... I remembered seeing Dries there in the past ... it's been years since I've been in there I think. At that time it was more onesie, twosie, now they've got a little grouping.

They had quite a selection in general, they don't seem to have cut back their buy at all, but the place glittered. I thought it was very Moscow, but the people in Moscow would probably call it very Dallas :rofl:

i saw the tribal cuff flat version at neiman's in sf, and i didn't realize how heavy the ankle beading is...it's still gorgeous though...:heart::heart:

ta-ta...i also am demanding a pic of your shoes...:lol:

Those look :heart: fashionsta-ta! Ooh, the cuff sounds gorgeous, I had imagined it to be the golden ones... :smile:

^ It has both--there are three rows of beads on the version I tried on :flower: The red beads are the middle row. The other rows are the brass (I guess) beads. As luckyme pointed out, there's a heeled version of the one-row-of-beading cuff (as seen on the flat), but it has the toe ring too. I think it's on one of the smaller store sites mentioned in this thread, I don't remember which atm (gimme??) ... at any rate I came across it somewhere in my meanderings that started with this thread.

The wide cuff looks & in fact is heavy--it causes the shoe to fall over on its own. But I didn't find it particularly heavy on. Perhaps the angle of the shoe was simply distracting me, but that's what attracted my attention while wearing them ... that part of the shoe is basically identical to the one I bought.

So here's the deal with pictures ... I don't have a digital camera, and while my phone does take pictures, my plan doesn't cover uploading them. And while I realize I could expand my phone plan so I could upload pictures to tFS, strange as this may sound, I have other priorities at the moment :lol: :wink:

Since it's cold & I wanted to wear my new shoes, I've been wearing them with black tights. It's a completely different look (since I am very pale) & really makes the beading pop ... and btw I wasn't sure how it would work, but I've been wearing them with full-length pants. I had them hemmed to work with heels, but a bit higher in the front, specifically to show off the detail of other shoes. Maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of the beading shows, but it's fine--just looks like a smaller shoe ornament. It all shows when I sit down & cross my legs ... and now I've told all I know :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have still not managed to locate the flat 'ethnic' sandal in a size 35 anywhere... :(

^ Maybe you could contact the company & find out if it was actually produced ...

tata,
i am unsure if i said it already bt that style is one of the best shoes this season and one of the best styles EVER. i have been thinking about getting the white version and everytime i see them i WANT them :woot:
have fun wearing the black ones :heart:

^ Thanks, leyla :heart: I agree, I think Dries really outdid himself this season. I looked thru the favorite shoes thread before I went shopping, and I thought his stood out as the best of the season.

I think you should get the white ones to kind of round things out :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clubmissy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->